“The worst hotel I've ever been in” 1 of 5 stars

Plaza Inn
Plaza Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Topeka B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Missouri
“The worst hotel I've ever been in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

I was in Topeka for a church retreat with my son. I thought this would be like every other hotel I have ever been in. I was wrong. From the entrance it looked like a closed down hotel. The sliding was peeling off and poorly constructed. As soon as I left my car I smelled a nausating smell, it was like a broken toilet. I went to the front desk and got my keycard. The worst was yet to come. As I entered the room I couldn't stand the smell of smoke. I unpacked and get into bed. As soon as my body was in the bed I was very itchy I had to go to the Walgreens down the street and get Lysol Disinfecting spray. I will never come here again. Plase avoid this hotel at all costs. God bless.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Missouriwoman1991

Solo
Denver, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

Of the two hotels in the area, I was told this one was the better one. The room was outside so it was freezing when we first got in the room. The heater was not putting out enough heat to warm up the room so we called the front desk twice to complain and they brought us a space heater. It took almost an hour to warm up the room so we wore our coats for almost 2 hours before we could finally take them off. Once we were in bed, we had our door opened by hotel personnel not once but twice using their master key. They knocked one of the times but didn't give us time to answer before simply opening themselves. We were stranded due to our car breaking down so the bad hotel experience just added to the an already difficult situation.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
3 Thank abar01

Travelers are raving about these Topeka hotels