“Nice remodel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Nice remodel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Rooms are spacious and clean. It is off the main street, so quiet at night. It is pet friendly for a $10 fee, which is better than some places. It is close to resturants and shopping. The staff was polite and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Roger M, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites I-70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for staying at our Sleep Inn & Suites and for submitting your review. Your reviews help us to insure that our guests have a positive experience whenever they stay with us. While your review was very positive with no specific complaints, it concerns me that we didn't manage to attain a top rating from you in any category. We try very hard to make our hotel the best it can be for our guests. Specific criticism is well received and we strive to address anything that you may find to be less than satisfactory during your stay. It is very important to us that you feel we provided the best value for your hard earned money. Please don't hesitate to write another review addressing the areas where we didn't earn a top rating. We will work to improve them if possible so that your next stay with us will be completely satisfactory! Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!
Roger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our normal hotel we stay at when we are Topeka was booked to capacity so we took a chance on this hotel and we were glad we did. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. Our only complaint if we had one was that the pool was a little cold and could have been warmer. Again, this is an excellent place to stay and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you will continue to stay at our Sleep Inn & Suites whenever you are in Topeka. Our staff works very hard to insure your stay is comfortable, convenient and relaxing. Your review helps us to make sure everything is just right for you and other guests on future visits! Thank you so much! Come see us again!
Roger
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Roger M, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites I-70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We strive to keep our swimming pool at a temperature between 80 and 84 degrees as recommended by the industry for our area. Depending upon the existing atmospheric conditions on any given day that temperature range could feel a bit cool or very comfortable. We will continue to monitor the pool temperature to insure it remains at a safe and comfortable temperature. Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. We appreciate your input and hope you will come stay with us again soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stopped in here one night while traveling between Denver and Louisville, KY on Thurs 11/29. Great access to I70, but I never heard it, the room was quiet.

Jennifer checked us in, offered my dad a lower rate than what he booked, which was nice.

We had a 2 queen bed room with shower only. (I prefer the tub/shower combo). The room was clean, and smoke free, however I could still catch whiffs of smoke coming either from other rooms or floors, ? possibly through the ventillation system. I prefer smoke free places, but this was cheaper.

Breakfast was just fine, clean and hot food looked decent, although I only had a banana and cereal and a couple slices of bacon. The bacon was good but fatty (which is why it was good!)

Close to tons of eateries for evening dining options.

This is not a gross kind of Sleep Inn at all. The remodeling has made this a nice & clean place to stay, with reasonable price and also accomodates pets without having to have a huge extra charge.

This will work great for budget minded travelers who need a clean place to rest.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KKJACKS
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here passing through on a road trip and it was wonderful! The front desk lady was an absolute joy, the hotel had an elevator which we liked, indoor pool, the room was very clean, updated,comfy and fast internet. The price was around $80 but it was well worth it, not a single complaint. Its in a good location near the interstate and on the same road as alot of good shopping and eating. Will definitely stay here again if we are passing through again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Riley, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed the quiet weekend with restaurants close by. The room was clean and comfortable and we were allowed to take our little dog. It was a quiet weekend with out any interruptions. The pool and spa were nice and clean to relax in. Breakfast was great with the eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, and biscuits & gravy. Was fantastic for our little get away to be alone for the weekend. It is a place we will be remembering for our trips to Topeka and want to spend the night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is my second time staying at the Sleep Inn in Topeka. It is close to restaurants, tourists activites and has easy access to I-70. The hotel has been remodeled since the last time I stayed there and is very nice. The breakfast has been improved to include hot bacon, eggs and sausage although the bacon was not very cooked both mornings I ate there.
Overall the staff was very nice, even to the point of shipping us an item my wife had left. I intend to stay here again, hopefully next time the breakfast attendant knows hot to cook bacon!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ed P, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites I-70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
First of all, let me thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn & Suites. We appreciate your business and are happy to hear that your overall experience at our hotel was good. I apologize for breakfast not being up to your expectations and have personally looked into the matter of the bacon not being hot when you picked some up. I have re-instructed out breakfast attendant and this matter has been resolved. Thank you for your comment. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Topeka, KS.