“Low class, expensive, bad host” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Brickyard Barn Inn and Catering

Brickyard Barn Inn and Catering
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Topeka
Brickyard Barn Inn and Catering
You added Brickyard Barn Inn and Catering to your Saves list
4020 NW 25th St, Topeka, KS 66618-3710   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Topeka B&B and Inns
Topeka, Kansas
“Low class, expensive, bad host”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I recently attended a wedding at the Brickyard Barn Inn. It was a very uninjoyable experience due to the following. When we showed up there were people sunbathing in the yard where the ceramony was to be held. They were mowing the lawn that really should have been done before people started showing up! Scott, the owner and host was wearing cut off jeans and an old tie die t-shirt. Scott was very low class and equally unhelpfull! The patio that was to be the dance floor was not sweept. The staff was rude and didn't seem to care how our experience at brickyard ban inn was. If you plan on having a wedding at the brickyard I strongly feel you will be disapointed. The price is high and the service and quality of experience really really sucked for my family and I on what was expected to be a very beautifull and joy filled day. Really crappy! :(

• Stayed May 2010
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank clilliju
umoo2me, Owner at Brickyard Barn Inn and Catering, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
My wife and I are the owners of the Brickyard and wanted to respond to the above review. We don't know who the reviewer was, but we do know the wedding. First of all, the bride and the mother of the bride were delighted by our service and the value that we have provided them Our value, flexibility, and service has allowed us to be the host of hundreds of ceremonies in our 12 years at the Inn, 8 years of which have been without an increase in fees. The bride and I work in the same building (I see her almost every day) and she has expressed her appreciation repeatedly. Item by item: Sunbathing: didn't happen on my property as we are too busy getting the grounds ready (an all day process). Mowing: guilty. The weather had been uncooperative (rainy) for the entire week prior and we couldn't mow the grounds until the day of the event. Cutoffs and tie-died t-shirt: guilty, that is my mowing ensemble; may not be pretty, but it works for me. Patio unswept: wrong. We have a detailed pre-event checklist that includes both sweeping, then washing the patio prior to an event and that was done the morning of the wedding. Staff rude: don't think so. This reviewer might have been one of the guests that wished to bring in their own alcohol to our licensed facility. Outside alcohol is against Kansas laws (and against the family's express wishes). When I heard the rumor of what was being planned, I sat down with the planners and let them know why their plans had to change in a firm but courteous way. I'm sure that this didn't please them, but it is my responsibility to abide by Kansas laws and do what I can to keep the driving public safe from drunks on Kansas roads. Looking back, I wouldn't do anything differently.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2008

We recently enjoyed a stay at the Brickyard Barn Inn. Our room was spacious, comfortable and quiet. The grounds were beautifully landscaped with plenty of chairs and benches. There was a hot tub (we didn't have time to try it) and also a pool (too early in the season to be up and running). Our breakfast was superb (frittata, bread pudding, large fruit cup, all with gourmet sauces) and the portions were large. Scott, the innkeeper, was a congenial host (and great cook--he also has a catering business). Next time we're in Topeka, we'll certainly look forward to staying here again!

• Liked — The breakfast and visiting with Scott
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple