“Fantastic hotel!”
Review of Hampton Inn Topeka

Hampton Inn Topeka
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Our family (2 adults, 3 children) spent one night here during a cross country drive. The hotel is easy to find, and very updated and modern. There are sweet black and white photos throughout (we especially liked the two little girls in fairy wings picture in one of the elevators). The bedding is soft. They provided us with a very large comfy roll away bed at no extra charge. It was also all made up already (some places expect us to put on the sheets, etc). The breakfast room was large and the food was kept stocked and there were lots of choices. The pool was a little bit cold for our liking but we were able to enjoy it for a little while. The hotel is close to restaurants, gas stations, and a Walmart. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Everyone is so friendly! Room is very clean. If i feel comfortable walking barefoot, we are good! Breakfast was as expected. Food was average but area very clean. Pool area was clean too. Very convenient location.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
topekahampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We greatly appreciate the warm comments and are glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to keep our hotel clean and guest worthy as possible.

Again thank you for the time you took to provide us with your feedback, we can't wait to see you again!

Kindest regards

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I had mistakenly reserved the wrong date for my hotel stay through Expedia. Expedia charged me for the room despite me "no showing". I showed up the next night and explained the situation, admitting I made a mistake. The staff were so gracious, they allowed me to use the room credit from the night before. They had received their funds from Expedia for the original night I had mistakenly booked. I'll be reluctant to use a travel website like Expedia again. I'll deal directly with the hotel, which should have made this mistake less likely to occur. Our rooms had two queens. There was no sofa to crash on. Nice flat wide-screen TV's. Indoor pool was nice and had a hot tub. They had a hot breakfast in the morning, along with cereal, yogurt, bread and pastries.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the North or East side, which is quiter. Traffic from I-470 can be heard on the s...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DeT641
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stay here about every week. The staff is great; always going out of their way to provide excellent service. As an example, Brett, who works the front desk made a special batch of cookies just for me when I asked if he was going to make any more.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I've stayed here in the past and this hotel just beats all others. The staff is amazing, always going above and beyond to make sure our stay is perfect. The managers are just amazing! Always with a smile on their faces. Breakfast area is well maintained and always clean no matter the amount of people present. Checkin is flawless. The cleanest hotel i have stayed in. Every time I'm in Topeka, i stay at this Hampton Inn, no other place!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ElizabethC1515
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Very impressed! The property is 3 years old and still feels very new.

Everything is clean and fresh. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The pool and hot tub area is great.
Location is perfect...right off the highway and close to restaurants (and Starbucks!).
The breakfast was very good. Several hot items to choose from and everything was good quality.
The eating area is very large, perfect for group gatherings.
Everyone in our small group loved this property. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank goandseetravel
Reviewed January 30, 2012

When you're staying overnight and just want to head for your meeting or get back on the road in the morning, a predictable good product is just fine. That's what I found at the Hampton. It's in one of those anonymous corporate parks that spring up just off the highway of many medium-sized cities, with the requisite giant lit signs on sticks, every hotel franchise possible, and clusters of chain restaurants. The ones nearest the Hampton (walking distance if you don't mind stretching your legs) are Cracker Barrel, Ribs Crib and a steakhouse. There are plenty more within a mile or two.

The Hampton is so close to the highway it's easy to spot, which is good news and bad news. The good news, of course, is that you can find it. The bad news is highway noise, even from my room on the 4th floor. If you're sensitive to this, bring earplugs or ask for a room on the other side of the hotel. My room had a refrigerator and a microwave. Wi-Fi was dependable, a good speed and easy to sign on.

The room was comfortable, housekeeping was fine, and the pool was OK for a 40-minute swim only because I didn't have to share it with anyone and thus could swim diagonally, cutting down the time between turns. Gym equipment looked new or nearly new.

Breakfast included eggs (the rubber hockey-puck variety), potatoes, creamed beef and biscuits and oatmeal, as well as many cold selections, so I headed off to my meeting well-exercised and well-fortified.

All in all, a good Hampton.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side not facing the highway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo