Red Roof Inn Tupelo
Hotels.com
$80
$97
$99
All reviewshampton inninside roomroom was cleanwafflesbreakfast areastaff was friendlynatchez tracegood nights sleepgulf shoressouthern hospitalitystayed one nightfree breakfastking bedroad tripgreat breakfastdesk clerkblvd
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Was suprised that our room at this Hampton Inn had an exterior door. Of the 30 plus other Hampton' I've used, they've all had interior hallways. Maybe this one was converted from another type of hotel?

Lot's of noise from the parking lot during the night. Loud argument between other guests around 2am outside of our door. I would choose the other Hampton if in the area again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Chad L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We have been a Hampton Inn since this property opened. The design of Hamptons has changed a lot but we are happy to be a part of this great brand! We do have a section of rooms that open to an interior hallway, so on your next visit to Tupelo, maybe you'd prefer to stay in that section.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel is obviously on the old road into town, so there is not a lot around it. I think there is another Hampton Inn north of town by a newer "mall" area. We found this to be very nice for a stop along the Natchez Trace parkway. Only a mile from the parkway and only a mile from the downtown area if you want to visit Elvis' birthplace. They had a nice breakfast area and it was a quiet area and seemed safe. I will say that this is not a very new property, so you should know that going in to it.
We had a problem with the shower handle falling apart, and the front desk was more than accommodating with adjusting our rate to compensate us for the issue. I truly appreciated that as things like this happen, but some places dont want to adjust your rate at all for a major problem, which this turned into.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that things weren't perfect with your stay but am glad our staff took care of you with this issue. I hope that you will come and see us again on your next visit to Tupelo.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had two rooms at this Hampton late on a Friday night and we were thrilled. Both King rooms were set up with the roll away beds as we requested upon our arrival. Breakfast was fantastic! Steel Cut Oats and lots of great options. Great beds and very nice clean rooms. Great customer service. We were shorted a towel in each room and when I called housekeeping they told me to find someone in the hall. I completed the survey Hampton sent me and I told them about that issue. I got an email the very next morning from the Hampton manager telling me that is not how they do business and that they were refunding our payment since I wasn't 100% satisfied. I couldn't believe it. So pick this hotel you won't be dissappointed. They take customer service serious and stand behind the Hampton 100% satisfaction.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are great!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the review! Again I apologize about the issue that occurred during your stay but we stand by Hampton's guarantee. I'm glad we were able to make it right and hope that you'll join us again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Usually Hampton Inn is a great choice but this time I was very underwhelmed by this hotel. Room 123 had only luke-warm water in shower and the last night we were there at 3 am I heard someone pounding on our door and lots of cursing and people laughing and partying. I did not sleep hardly any after that. Light in bathroom was very dim and power outlet near front window did not work. Tv had snow on certain channels and this place just did not leave me with a good feeling. Breakfast staff and front desk were fine. Pepsi machine on first level did not accept coins or bills. Will stay elsewhere and only in an interior room hotel going forward.

Stayed: March 2012
Chad L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Hello, my name is Chad Larson and I am the GM of the Tupelo Hampton Inn. I am so sorry to hear about the experience you had with our property. This certainly is not the norm for our hotel. It was prom night for one of the local schools and we had some unruly guests. We do our best to control these situations before they get out of hand, but unfortunately this time that wasn't the case. I do want to let you know that we did report the issue with the hot water to a plumber and rectified the problem as soon as possible. Again, I apologize that you had a bad experience with us and if there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

During a recent business trip to Tupelo I stayed at the Hampton Inn. Being a Hilton Honors member I typically look for Hilton properties. It has been my experience that Hampton Inn's provide the perfect mix of comfort and affordability.

Upon pulling up to this location I noticed that it was an older building and combined interior rooms in traditional hotel style as well as exterior rooms in motel fashion. I ended up in a room with an exterior entrance, which was not a big deal.

The lobby was comfortable and the staff was welcoming. They had coffee available 24 hours a day and each morning the "On the House" breakfast was fresh and delicious. They even managed to make powdered eggs taste good.

The kitchen staff was always replenishing items on the food bar and they greeted me each morning with a welcome and a smile. It made me feel important, it is a small detail but evident.

The rooms were clean and comfortable and maintained throughout my stay. There was always a fresh supply of soaps and shampoos and lotions and the ream always smelled clean and looked great upon my return each evening.

The beds were the perfect mix of firm and soft and I slept wonderfully and in comfort.

Additionally, there was the reception in the lobby in the evening complete with free finger foods, snacks, and soda and beer.

My stay at this hotel was wonderful and I look forward to visiting them again

Room Tip: You might feel more secure requesting an interior room which is hotel style over the exterior motel style room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business