“Stayed for Business - Just OK”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tupelo
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Oxford, Mississippi
“Stayed for Business - Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed here a few weeks ago for business. when I checked in, I asked NOT to be put into an ADA room. After working until 2 or 3 in the morning, I like to relax in a bath of hot water to relax my muscles. I am a Platinum member of the IHG program. I was told it would be no problem, when I checked in. I had worked 22 hours straight and had to be back in 4 hours to work another 15 hour day. When I got to the room, I went straight to bed when I work up at 6 pm, I noticed that I did not get my tub like I had requested. I explained this to management and they seemed to really not care. The rooms are clean, and I wanted to support the area of Tupelo that was hit by the Tornadoes.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jonathan D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tupelo, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Jonathan D,

Thank You for taking the time out to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate you choosing the hotel on your recent business travel and for supporting the tornado-stricken areas. We strive to accommodate every request and can understand your dismay regarding the bath tub. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the shortcomings you have experienced. As a valued IHG Rewards Platinum member, please know that all feedback will be acted upon as this is our best means of ensuring similar incidents do not reoccur.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide the quality and service that you have grown accustomed to.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Room was large and clean. Staff was friendly. Wife said bed was hard but I had no problem with it. Food was good. Pool was small. As most holiday inns I had a good experience there. I would stay their again if I ever spend the night in tupelo Mississippi.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Denton, Tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

While driving the Natchez Trace we opted to stay in Tupelo as the midway point on the Trace between Nashville and Natchez. Tupelo had recently suffered a major tornado and the damage was very apparent just a half block from this property. Luckily and amazingly they were virtually untouched. The room met the standard we've come to expect with HIE properties and I especially appreciated the stuffed occasional chair with ottoman after a long day on the road. We were initially concerned about the apparently very active guests running around in the room above us, but almost on the stroke of 10 everything quieted down for the rest of the night. Breakfast that morning was adequate. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor might be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Linda M
Bryant, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

While traveling back home after driving all day, this was a great place to stay overnight. The staff were friendly and the guy at the front desk remembered our names after checking in and asked us about our room more than once. This property appeared to be new it has been kept up very well and kind of off the main road which made it quiet. We will definitely stay here again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank svomike
Burlington, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Drove here from St.Louis, we were ready for a break. Check in was friendly and quick. Room was clean, warm, quiet, comfortable. lots of TV channels choices-no 'lodgenet' here. Wifi - speedy. Bed was a pillow top and did I have a good night sleep. Breakfast was included and yummy. Cinnamon rolls, warm and tasty, coffee GREAT. We're coming back.

Room Tip: King sized East side.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank emrwb
CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We stay each year at this holiday inn for the furniture buyer market. The staff is wonderful and what a wonderful surprise to see that I interior has had a complete make over rooms and all- great job guys and gals keep up the good work. See you next year

• Stayed February 2014
Corinth, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I stay in Tupelo several times a month but this was the first time at this hotel I had a business associate get me to stay here and I have found a new home when staying in Tupelo. The service was great and clean clean rooms. The fitness room was 100% better than the other hotel. I truly enjoyed my stay and will be back. Keep it up

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business