“Just Alright. Could have been better. Could have been worse.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tupelo
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Athens, Alabama
“Just Alright. Could have been better. Could have been worse.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

When we checked in the front desk clerk seemed really confused about a lot of things. She got us checked in none the less. But we left the front desk wondering about our stay here. The Hotel was a little hard to find since it is off set from the road quite a bit. It is a little hard to turn left on Glotsner rd during the busy times of the day.

Once we got to our room it was nice. We did not hear any road noise which was surprising since we were relatively close. There was instant HOT water so be careful. It felt great in the shower though because some hotels it takes a while to heat the water up.

The bed was comfortable and there was a flat screen TV with a lot of channels provided by Direct TV. They actually had Multiple HBO channels and other movie channels that were free as well. If you wanted order a movie that was available too. The internet how ever was slow. It was faster to use my mobile hotspot on my phone than to use their internet.

There was a small pool. It wasn't very inviting because there were so many people smoking out there. The breakfast area was so crowded that people were bumping into each other. It felt claustrophobic. There was hot cinnamon buns and milk and an assortment of other continental breakfast type foods. Over all okay but too crowded.

I asked to have our room cleaned the following day and more towels and such but they failed to do so. We had even called the front desk. Upon leaving the hotel the staff did call and let us know that we had left behind a folder. We didn't need the folder but it was great on the part of housekeeping/the staff that they called to notify us. That is big as far as courtesy goes.

It would be a toss up if I stayed here again. Determining factors would include Room Rate, Location of next Tupelo visit, and what size rooms were available.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hardy, Arkansas
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Used free IHG night, so can't say about cost. But loved the hotel! Very clean room and common areas, super nice King suite - big and had vaulted ceiling, good size bathroom, friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast, with typical HIE fare but really fresh and good. Highly recommend if in Tupelo. Great location on the main drag close to lots of restaurants and midway between shopping mall area to the north and downtown/tourist attractions to the south. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2013
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Switched from another location and I'm glad I did. This was my second stay in this hotel and if I will travel to Tupelo again this will be the hotel of my choice. Everything you need. Quiet, clean room with comfortable bed. Very good breakfast and very good service. After a long day of work I could relax and not worry about a thing. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JACKSONVILLE
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Friendly greeting and early check-in was pleasant along with preferred room request. Quiet rooms are in even numbers facing the rear. After returning from business meetings, the hotel staff held socials with free appetizers, sodas, beer and water; lots of social friendly people gathered for this and seemed to be having a good time. Cold water in the fitness room too. Clean and well managed property. I love Holiday Inn Breakfasts, hot eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, and pancakes; breakfast always on time and never ran out of food. Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean property and slightly off the main drag so it gave a persona of safety. Convenient location and next to excellent restaurants such as the Outback. I have stayed at this property previously. They have never let me down. Nice rooms with refrigerator and microwave. Housekeeping did a great job too.

Room Tip: Odd numbers facing rear. In the front, delivery trucks arrive early and the trash picks up dumpers...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We were on our way home from a week on Okaloosa Island in Florida and had an unexpected stop in Tupelo at the Emergency Room as my wife became very ill. I dropped her off there and took my 7 year old and my mother in law to the Motel. I explained what was going on to the girl at the desk and she was extremely caring and polite and offered me the hospital stay discount. Upon arriving in the room we found it to be extremely comfortable and clean. After I got my wife back from the hospital we settled into the comfortable beds and had short but restful nights sleep. The staff we encountered the following day were all very polite and accommodating as well. The free breakfast was also very good. We would definitely stay there again of the need ever arose.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank FlyingKO
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I used Hotel.com to book my room. This proved to cost me an additional $22 beyond the price of the room. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. All out needs were met. The manager, Misty, showed outstanding customer service. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2013
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We only spent one night at this hotel, but it is probably the nicest Holiday Inn Express we have ever stayed in. The property was very clean, the breakfast was outstanding, the staff was helpful and friendly, and the location was fine. The only negative item which probably doesn't apply to most guests is although the fitness room was large and well-equipped, the equipment could be upgraded to a better quality. However, that would not keep us from staying again as everything else was fabulous!

Room Tip: The King Suite is a great choice and a very spacious room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family