When we checked in the front desk clerk seemed really confused about a lot of things. She got us checked in none the less. But we left the front desk wondering about our stay here. The Hotel was a little hard to find since it is off set from the road quite a bit. It is a little hard to turn left on Glotsner rd during the busy times of the day.
Once we got to our room it was nice. We did not hear any road noise which was surprising since we were relatively close. There was instant HOT water so be careful. It felt great in the shower though because some hotels it takes a while to heat the water up.
The bed was comfortable and there was a flat screen TV with a lot of channels provided by Direct TV. They actually had Multiple HBO channels and other movie channels that were free as well. If you wanted order a movie that was available too. The internet how ever was slow. It was faster to use my mobile hotspot on my phone than to use their internet.
There was a small pool. It wasn't very inviting because there were so many people smoking out there. The breakfast area was so crowded that people were bumping into each other. It felt claustrophobic. There was hot cinnamon buns and milk and an assortment of other continental breakfast type foods. Over all okay but too crowded.
I asked to have our room cleaned the following day and more towels and such but they failed to do so. We had even called the front desk. Upon leaving the hotel the staff did call and let us know that we had left behind a folder. We didn't need the folder but it was great on the part of housekeeping/the staff that they called to notify us. That is big as far as courtesy goes.
It would be a toss up if I stayed here again. Determining factors would include Room Rate, Location of next Tupelo visit, and what size rooms were available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tupelo! This 100% smoke-free facility is located in the heart of Tupelo's bustling North Gloster area, just minutes from the BancorpSouth Arena, the Tupelo Furniture Market, the Lyric Theater, and many other entertainment venues. The hotel is also only 1 hour from Oxford and Ole Miss. Dining choices also abound, with Outback Steakhouse within walking distance, and dozens of other restaurants such as Harvey s, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and Cracker Barrel nearby. Also nearby is historic downtown Tupelo, which is home to the BancorpSouth Conference Center, the new Fairpark Grill and Park Heights restaurants, the Tupelo Automobile Museum, and the birthplace of Elvis Presley. Each oversize room and suite is elegantly decorated, featuring the Simply Smart bath and bedding experiences, a 32' LCD HDTV, a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker, as well as both wired and wireless Internet access. In the morning, you can enjoy a hot cinnamon roll or cheddar cheese omelet from the Express Start breakfast bar. Unbeatable value and a warm friendly staff with all the comfort and hospitality you expect from Holiday Inn Express are just a few of the reasons why our guests love staying with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tupelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tupelo
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tupelo Hotel Tupelo
- Holiday Inn Tupelo
- Holiday Inn Express Tupelo
- Tupelo Holiday Inn