We syayed in 4 different Holiday Inn Express hotels on our recent road trip, and this was the worst by far. This should not have been the case, as it should have had a lot going for it.
The location is very good, easy to find, quiet and with lots of restaurants nearby. It was the service that let it down. It was very quiet while we were there and the staff seemed to be taking it easy. When I asked why the hotel was so empty, they said that it relies on workers staying here during the week.
The room itself was fine, clean, very spacious and well appointed. We asked at Reception where to go for lunch. She directed us to the Mall, a few miles up the road, but when we got there it was closed. It was Easter Sunday, but local knowledge should have avoided this.
We wanted to use the safe deposit boxes for our valuables. These were located at reception but it took quite an effort to find them under piles of boxes and other items, and then she did not know how to operate them.
At the other hotels, they had hot drinks available during the day, for you to help yourself. Here they had the flasks on display, but no milk or creamer at all. Breakfast was also disappointing. There was a very minimum of each item on offer, fair enough if there were not many guests, but the fruit, bananas, were well past their best and should have been thrown away.
I did fill in the comments form on the Holiday Inn website, but their reply was offhand and I did not feel they had taken my comments seriously.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tupelo! This 100% smoke-free facility is located in the heart of Tupelo's bustling North Gloster area, just minutes from the BancorpSouth Arena, the Tupelo Furniture Market, the Lyric Theater, and many other entertainment venues. The hotel is also only 1 hour from Oxford and Ole Miss. Dining choices also abound, with Outback Steakhouse within walking distance, and dozens of other restaurants such as Harvey s, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and Cracker Barrel nearby. Also nearby is historic downtown Tupelo, which is home to the BancorpSouth Conference Center, the new Fairpark Grill and Park Heights restaurants, the Tupelo Automobile Museum, and the birthplace of Elvis Presley. Each oversize room and suite is elegantly decorated, featuring the Simply Smart bath and bedding experiences, a 32' LCD HDTV, a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker, as well as both wired and wireless Internet access. In the morning, you can enjoy a hot cinnamon roll or cheddar cheese omelet from the Express Start breakfast bar. Unbeatable value and a warm friendly staff with all the comfort and hospitality you expect from Holiday Inn Express are just a few of the reasons why our guests love staying with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tupelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tupelo Hotel Tupelo
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tupelo
- Holiday Inn Tupelo
- Holiday Inn Express Tupelo
- Tupelo Holiday Inn