“outstanding”

Reviewed August 24, 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lee B

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I recently stayed several nights at the Days Inn in Tupelo due to a medical emergency for a family member who was in the Tupelo hospital. I do not live in the States so I had not visited this property previously. I was looking for something moderately priced and near to the hospital.

I was very pleased with the property. It worked for us. I also had family staying in another room. Together, we were at this hotel for about 5 nights. Because our family member got moved from the Tupelo hospital to a hospice facility, we were unsure as to how long we may need to keep extending our stay. As it turned out, it was only a few days, but the staff was very accommodating to our uncertain needs. I don't know that they like to necessarily advertise this, but we were given a hospital rate. They may require that you be able to prove that you have family in the hospital to give you that rate and we were able to, but it did help considering that we were in 2 rooms for 5 nights, a total of 10 room nights.

I did not even know that they had been affected by a tornado in the past months until the last day there, when I was at the front desk when the clerk was checking in a business person and they had commented on how well things were coming along. I had no idea there was even any damage anywhere, the place was clean and neat and in order.

I have managed a resort on a tropical island for the last 7 years and am an assistant manager at another one now, so I understand the differences in types of properties and accommodations, and I am happy to report that I was very satisfied with this property.

Because of our situation, we were at the hospital or hospice facility most of the time, so I can't comment on the continental breakfast, although I saw guests in the lobby each morning where this was served. I also had to use internet while there to make other necessary travel arrangements and had no problems with this either.

For me and my family, it was an unfortunate trip to have to make, and it would have been easy for us to stay in Corinth where my other family's home was, but this hotel was more than satisfactory for our needs and well worth saving the 1 hour drive to Tupelo back and forth from Corinth each day.

Thanks to everyone at the hotel and best wishes -
Marc and Family

I

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank IslandGroove
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Days Inn in Tupelo, MS is a great place to stay when in the area. The room was clean and quiet. The complimentary breakfast was very good and the staff members were friendly and helpful. I always try to stay at a Days Inn when I travel and this one was just as perfect as all the rest.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jettie P
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We came down for Elvis Fest 2014. Stayed here 1 night. Cost was good. Beds were comfortable and A/C worked = a good hotel. BUT, TV had busted speakers and the microwave didn't work. Not a biggie, but a bummer! We would stay here again though.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
daysinntupelo, Webmaster at Days Inn Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you found a cool, comfortable room that met your needs. I’m sincerely sorry that you found a couple of maintenance issues that detracted from your stay. If you had reported these to the front desk we might have been able to immediately switch them out. In any case, I hope we have the pleasure of having you with us again soon.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I wish I read these reviews before staying here, I don't know any of the history but (1) my non smoking room smells like smoke and has burn marks on sheets, (2) the sock thing is true from a review earlier my socks were not blackened but on their way no idea why. (3) general cleanliness, the surfaces seemed to be wiped or cleaned but not the places that really matter, example: behind the toilet paper roll , in the ac duct, streaky shower walls. as i said before about the ac and cleanliness of it, when you look into the duct and see some kind of critters droppings piled up in there and realizing you turned it on for 1 second. Im pretty sure thats not good for anyones health.

Room Tip: cheapest at the time and theres a reason for that
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank mrmouse12

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. We take great pride in this property and are sorry if we failed to meet your standards in any way. We take cleanliness seriously and will recheck all rooms to make sure they are up to our standard. This is not an indication of how we usually do business, and I sincerely hope you will stay with us again to see how great things usually are.

Hotel Manager