“Great meal, excellent service”
Review of Vanelli's - CLOSED

Vanelli's
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 1, 2013

On 10/25/2013, My girlfriend and I travelled to Tupelo for the start of a four-day "Elvis weekend" and had the good fortune to stop at Vanelli's for dinner. The service was excellent. Our waitress was "Brandy", a very sweet and gracious college student. We ordered a pepperoni, sausage, and pineapple pizza and a plate of spaghetti with meatballs. The meal was wonderful. The pizza was as good as I have ever eaten anywhere, NYC included! It was not greasy, as most pepperoni & sausage pizzas are. We found that the restaurant takes the time to boil its sausage before it is prepared for the pizza, which removes almost all the excess oily juices. The restaurant also buys top quality pepperoni in long rolls, not the pre packaged sliced pepperoni used by most restaurants. I would rank the pizza as #1. As for the spaghetti with meatballs, well it was likewise incredibly tasty and fresh! All in all, a perfectly wonderful meal, as good as any restaurant I have been to, and Patty and I live in the Washington, DC area, with thousands of restaurants to choose from. At the conclusion of our great dinner, the owner/manager, Mr. vOz Vanelli, visited with us for a bit, making the start of a wonderful weekend even more memorable. For friendliness and fine food, I recommend Vanelli's Restaurant highly. I only wish it were located in northern Virginia or MD, where Patty and I live!

-Rick & Patty

Reviewed October 29, 2013

They actually delivered us pizza in the the Tupelo Airport
It was very good. A little pricey. very Friendly

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Sunday lunch at this restaurant. This is a normal practice for us as we are fond of places that offer pasta variety. What has endured us to this particular place is the quality of food we receive every time we visit. On the buffet we find our favorites every Sunday: Baked ziti, chicken tetrazzini, mac& cheese, and lasagna. In addition, we have come to expect a few surprises with vegetables and meats to complement the buffet opportunities. If I knew I had only one more meal to eat, the tetrazzini classico would probably be my choice. It is really great and it is great every time I eat from the buffet or from the menu.

But the reason we call this home is the service. This is a place we know we are welcome and a place we are valued. From the moment you enter the door there is a smile and a sincere invitation to sit and dine. From that point until we leave we are treated as someone special.
After 25 years we still keep going back. We keep going back because it is home. It is home because Vanelli's is important to us. Vanelli's is important to us because we were first important to them.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The food was good, but the duo playing and singing all evening really made the night a good one. Zap and Whit's Mojo, Inc. were the act, see them if you can, great.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had a Scrumptious Dinner at Vanelli's in Tupelo, Mississippi on 10/06/13. The spaghetti & Philadelphia beef sandwich were very tasty. We knew this place was going to be Wonderful from the time we discovered it. The exterior of the building is beautiful & friendly. The interior is decorated with artwork throughout the restaurant. Oh.. what a truly charming & beautiful atmosphere. We were greeted warmly by all the staff we encountered. The menu has Italian & Greek entrees and appetizers. Hopefully, we will be able to travel to this area in the near future. This friendly gentleman stopped by our table to see how we were doing. He introduced himself as vOz! What an absolutely, delightful person!!! We had such a wonderful evening. vOz told us so many interesting stories. What an Awesome Owner!!! I recommend that anyone visiting this area, drop by Vanelli's for their scrumptious food, friendly service, view their beautiful artwork & decor & last, but not least.. Talk to vOz!!! Thanks to vOz & his staff.
Sue & John Aiello