“Fun on the Road”
Review of Vanelli's Bistro

Vanelli's Bistro
Ranked #11 of 220 Restaurants in Tupelo
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Greek/Italian Scratch Cooking Bistro, 3rd and 4th generation family operated. Started in Athens Greece in the 1920's relocated to United States and been in Tupelo, MS since 1975. Peace / vOz Vanelli
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We found Vanelli's on Trip Advisor while road tripping through Tupelo. With hungry kids who live for pizza, an Italian (and Greek) place sounded great.
Wow, what a gem!
The service was outstanding, the atmosphere fun, and, to our surprise and delight, they had a Sunday afternoon buffet!
The food was varied (Italian and Greek), plentiful, and delicious.
My 9 y/o asked, as we were leaving the restaurant, if we could come back the next time we pass through Tupelo .... high praise from a picky eater.
We'll be back, for sure. Opa!

Date of visit: September 2013

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Being a Greek living in America I have come to be skeptical of places claiming to be Greek but as Vanellis was just across from my hotel I decided to stop in and check it out... The food was spectacular, the service was excellent, and they had live local artist entertainment two of the 4 nights I ate there, both bands were very good. I have known location of this place for many years but never entered before this week, now I wish I had and will henceforth go out of my way to eat here when I pass anywhere near Tupelo Mississippi.

Να πω επίσης ότι το μαγαζί ανήκει σε Ελληνική οικογένεια, πολύ καλή ανθρώπους και η κοπέλα που φτιάχνει τα ελληνικά φαγητά είναι θέα, η ντολμάδες της είναι τέλειες.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was one of the stranger dining experiences we have had. The waitress seemed like she was on happy meds but still kept up an intrusive, passive-aggressive banter about our guzzling our food. The setting was a leatherette booth straight out of Goodfellas. Music was 1960's elevator music. There was some interesting art, mixed amid the kitsch. The food was mediocre at best. However, there didn't seem to be many options passing through Tupelo on a Sunday night.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

food was good and hot, nice salad bar. they had live entertainment on the outside bar/setting area. Our waiter was new, it was his first day but he did a good job, if he didn't know the answer to our questions he quickly asked someone and got back with us.would definately go back again.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The food was we had was good, but not special. The salad bar was somewhat limited in variety. Our server, Carrie, was great and provided not only a tour of the menu but interesting tips about Tupelo. The restaurant itself is dated and in need of modernization. Having said all that, Vanelli's provided a good meal, and I would go back if we found ourselves in Tupelo again. It is, after all, located in a small Mississippi town, but it would not compete well in a larger community or city.

Date of visit: July 2013