“Loved Vanellis”
Review of Vanelli's - CLOSED

Vanelli's
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We loved Vanellis! Had the buffet, sat in the lounge and watched football, chatted with the owner and the staff, what a great group of people! Will always eat here when we're in Tupelo!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was passing through town so ate at this resaurant tonight. The other reviewers must me members of the Vanelli family. The special was mousaka with a salad. I ordered it and a beer. The beer was fine. The salad was not Greek but a lettuce salad. OK. When the mousaka arrived it was stone cold. The waitress asked what was wrong. When it came back I happily started to eat again to find the mousaka so salty I could harldy eat it. It has almost made me sick. The sauce looked and tasted like it came out of a can. The only person i would recommend this place to is my brother-in-law.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We joined a local friend from Tupelo for dinner, and it was one of the best Italian/Greek restaurants I've ever eaten at in the U.S.! The service was phenomenal, and we even got to meet the owner and get some excellent dessert recommendations! I would highly recommend anybody visit this wonderful place if you get the chance.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The visitor's center at Tupelo recommended Vanelli's as a good place for lunch. They were correct! It was great Greek/Italian food with a real "family" flare for hospitably. There are family pictures and contemporary art mixed thought out the restaurant. We met one of the brothers that manage the restaurant and he made us feel very welcome. Feel free to ask questions about the family pictures and the restaurants history. We were not expecting great Greek food in Tupelo and were pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I had an Italian craving and had heard good things. I had the Calzone and it was wonderful. Can't wait to go back and try something else.