“Nice room, great price”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Spent one night here while passing through the area. It was difficult to find but worth looking for. Room was large and clean. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful both when checking in and checking out. Area was quiet. Bed comfortable. Common areas were clean. Small lounge area offered 2 free drinks for guests, we passed on the drinks but did enjoy the coffee, hot tea and coffee offered in the evening. Breakfast was very good, served on plates with silverware wrapped in cloth napkins. Very rare for hotel breakfast area. Ham and eggs were very good. Staff seemed happy to work here, enjoyed what they were doing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jfersmom
MS247Tupelo, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for staying at our Clarion Inn during your visit to Tupelo. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties finding our hotel, it is a bit off the road. Although I'm very glad that you were pleased with your room and the complimentary beverages. Breakfast is something we feel is very important to a hotel guest and we invest alot into it with materials, food, and labor, but it makes it all worth it when guest such as you are pleased with our performance.

Once again, thank you for staying at our Clarion Inn and thank you for all of your kind compliments about our hotel and staff. We hope you visit us again during your next stay in Tupelo.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn

Reviewed January 3, 2013

A little hard to find, can be even a little scary for some people. The Clarion is behind two other hotels, the first one by the road has been completely shut down. You then have to drive around the second one to get to the Clarion. The night clerk was very friendly. They have a very small lounge that offered guests two free drinks for the evening. The rooms were a little on the dated side but were clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rabway1313
MS247Tupelo, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

I would like to thank you for choosing our Clarion Inn & Summit Center during your recent stay in Tupelo. I would like to apologize for your trouble in finding our hotel. We are currently working on replacing lighting and even adding additional fixtures on the path to our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your cocktails as many guest do. Once again thank you for choosing The Clarion Inn & Summit Center and we hope to win your business during your next trip to Tupelo.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had a shared room which was sufficient for our needs. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Even though there was only one computer in service, we all were able to take a turn to email loved ones back home. Breakfast was just absolutely fantastic. I had the pleasure of trying biscuits for the very first time.....yummy!!!
We also had pop corn on tap so to speak. I was very happy with Clarion Inn and if and when I go back to Tupelo, will definately consider staying there again.

Room Tip: It doesn't mater what room you get, you will be more then happy
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Naiomiz
MS247Tupelo, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for choosing our Clarion Inn during your recent trip to Tupelo. I am glad that our room meet your needs. I apologize that one of our computers was down in our business center, but I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast as so many of our guest do. Once again thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again during your next trip to Tupelo.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This room was very nice but the location was kinda scary. Breakfast was wonderful. This hotel is located behind and old confrence center that kind of looks abandoned. Had I not made this reservation on line I would not have stopped there. It was a very nice room. Front desk very helpful and the breakfast lady was a jewel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hotel is dated as stated by others ,but seems to be well maintained.
The room I was assigned is Huge and clean.
Flat panel lcd,fridge,micro,desk,lots of drawer space and the bathroom is updated.
Staff is great and the free breakfast is hot and good.

Wifi is pretty fast in comparison to other places I stay.

Oh and a wall of mirrors in this room along with some cushioned things at the foot of the bed....I guess a person and their significant other could figure out what to do with that combination ;)

My only negative is that this is a NO SMOKING Hotel. :(

For the price,yeah I am a fan in Rm 602.

Room Tip: 602 is huge and Handicap accessible. This is a NO SMOKING Hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank CarolinaCoopers
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I had a great stay at the Clarion. Sure, it is old...but to me that was what made it unique. It's dim lighting and redish color reminded me of a grand old hotel in the movies. The building has a lot of character.

They were very generous when it came to food. They offer free popcorn, and they also had a great breakfast. With, sausage, buscuits & gravy, eggs, grits, pastries, they had it all. We traveled all over the south on this trip and this was the best breakfast we had.

The room was nice as well. They had a flat screen TV, nice comfy beds with thick sheets, and good internet speed. It was quiet the entire night as well.

The location isn't the greatest though. If you don't have good eyes, you might never find the tiny sign pointing to the hotel. This hotel is behind a lot of buildings, so make sure you know where it is in advance. The location is terrible.

Overall for the price and value, this is an excellent hotel. I am very impressed with this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher story floor. The basement level didn't look inviting.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank tiger711
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed in the Clarion in Tupelo, MS as a stop on the way driving the Natchez Trace. The staff was excellent, however, the place is so old and run down. The beds were clean, but the bathroom was so awful, I would not even take a bath. I asked for a room on the 1st floor, however, I didn't know 1st floor meant basement dungeon! We drove around to the back to enter the room as the front portion of the hotel was under ground. The outside of the hotel looks nice, but looks can be deceiving. There were hardly any plug ins. My husband dug behind the TV for an worn out looking power strip. The furniture was worn out looking although the carpet looked fairly new as well as the bedding. Back to the bathroom...the old varnished in the 1960's door looked like someone had literally burst through it by the lock and they had repaired it. The commode moved when you sit down, and the bathtub was just YUCK! Ceiling in bathroom was of the drop down nature...who knows what was lurking above!!!! Knobs off the air conditioner controls. I am a Choice Priviledge member and stay at Choice Hotels quite often, but this certainly does not meet Choice Hotels standards. They need to remodel or close the doors!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! If you must, don't stay in the basement.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple