“Southern manners, nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo

Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Tennessee
“Southern manners, nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My colleagues and I were warmly greeted by the desk staff here at the Hilton Garden Tupelo. Although they apparently don't offer bottled water to guests who are HH Silver or below, the desk man did give me some water when I asked. Cookies at the desk were wonderful. Quiet, clean room and a decent breakfast make this a great place to stay when in Tupelo, particularly if your business is at the conference center next door or in the downtown area ... much better than being out at the highway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hgitupelo, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are happy you have a great stay with us. We do try to show our Southern Hospitality to each of our guest from the front desk staff to each department in the hotel. We do offer water to our Silver members. Our normal procedure is to let the guest decide from our variety of drinks available in our Pavilion Pantry.

We are happy to also hear you enjoy the delicious cookies provided each night for our guest. Our GM had the cookies at an event and choose them for our guest.

We do try and make each guest have the best stay possible and thank you once again for choosing our hotel to provide you comfort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at this hotel and overall it was ok. I normally stay at the Hampton Inn down the street. I booked my king suite weeks in advance and when I checked in I was given a handicap room and I was not informed of this. I only discovered this after dragging all of my luggage to the room. After I went back to the front desk they found a regular king room but not a suite. I hope they don't try to over charge me when I check out.

The room was clean but kind of hot and the AC didn't seem to work too well. The filter light was blinking so I am not sure if that caused it not to work too well. I mentioned this to the front desk and they said they would look into it. I have been here 3 days an the filter light is still blinking. The AC unit was so loud the first night that I hardly slept. I was able to tap on the unit and finally got it quiet down. The only other noise issue was the ringing pipes from next door everytime someone took a shower. It sounded like someone was blowing a horn. This wasnt a major problem because they didn't normally take a shower until around 6am. I was in room 303 so I am not sure if the other rooms had the same noisy pipe issue.

After returning at 3:30 the first day our room had not been not been cleaned. We left our room at 7am. The front desk staff was apologetic. They sent someone to our room to clean it after we complained. When housekeeping arrived they said that they didnt service our room because we left the do not disturb sign on the door. We informed them that we didn't place the sign on the door until we returned at 3:30. Housekeeping then changed the story to they must have gotten on our room about the same time we did and then saw the sign. It wasn't a major big deal but coming back to a clean room after a long day is nice.

The hotel restuarant was the best part of this hotel. The food was excellent and very well priced.

The hotel is located near downtown with a lot of good places to eat shop and sightsee.

I am not sure if I would choose this hotel over the Hampton Inn but if I do it will be because of the on site resturant and location.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
hgitupelo, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Valued Guest,

We are SO sorry that we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve! This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we appreciate you making us aware of this opportunity to improve our customer experience.

We will be sure to address both our maintenance and housekeeping teams to ensure situations like this are not repeated. Your satisfaction is very important to us. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay and we apologize again that the miscommunication between departments affected your stay. If there is anything that we can do to rectify this with you, please feel free to contact us directly.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I would not rate this hotel as high as other Hilton Garden Inns in which I've stated. The property was clean and service was adequate. As a Hilton Honors Silver member I was expected to be provided with two bottled waters and was not offered any. I did not eat in the restaurant so I an unable to comment on it. I understand a new Hampton Inn just opened in Tupelo and will probably try it next time as it is less expensive and includes complementary breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
hgitupelo, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear your stay did not meet your expectations. We try to make each guests stay wonderful and sorry to hear that was not the case. We do offer our hhonors Silver members water, rather we let them choose from our variety of drinks in the Pavilion Pantry.

I do hope you provide us with the chance to show you how our staff and hotel can and does meet guest expectations.
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was disappointed that reserving an accessible room did not get me a room on the first floor. I am mobility impaired and a room half way down the hall on the second floor was a huge challenge. There was a shower seat, which was nice, but the hand-held shower didn't work, so that was a total bust.

I did like the adjustable bed. It was way too firm the first night, and I was able to locate the controls and adjust to a softer setting for the second night, which helped.

The pool wasn't particularly clean, but the hot tub was so filthy it stank. I had selected this hotel so I could decompress in the pool and hot tub after my long day. Waste of money!

Breakfast was excellent, at a fair price. However, the so-called vegetable quesadilla was overloaded with jalapeno peppers, barely any cheese, and was cold to boot. Ick.

I won't be staying here again. There are better values in town.

Room Tip: Don't make your reservation online. Call the reservation desk and be very specific about your n...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hgitupelo, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this review, April 22, 2013

We will be sure to address the areas mentioned to ensure situations like this are not repeated. Your satisfaction is very important to us. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay and we apologize again that the miscommunication between departments affected your stay. If there is anything that we can do to rectify this with you, please feel free to contact us directly.

Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Wonderful first stay. Won't even bother looking at another property for future stays! Just make sure to get your cookies early in the evening...they go fast! Breakfast is good and they have a pretty decent selection.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim N
hgitupelo, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you so much, Dear Guest, for recognizing the high standards of the Hilton Garden Inn brand and of the Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo! We are proud to be one of the most popularly recognized hotels for business and leisure travel!

Tupelo has much to offer, and we are right in the middle of downtown dining and shopping. And there's more to come!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business. The Staff was very courtesy and helpful at check in. The room was very clean. The hotel was Convenient to a variety of restaurants.

All in all a good place to stay.

Room service was convenient and the food was very good.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hgitupelo, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do have some great nearby restaurants (within easy walking distance); AND, we have a great in-house restaurant, The Great American Grill! Check out our new menu!

We, too, believe we are the best hotel in Tupelo and those Hilton Garden Inn standards are pretty high, aren't they? Of course, we believe that what makes our hotel special is YOU--our valued Guest(s)!

Our friendly Staff thanks you again! Come back soon and lay your head on our comfortable pillows and beds, okay?
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this location for business travel at least once per month. I can always count on consistentcy with a HGI. Gave some minor feedback for improvement on this last stay in a survey, and got a response from the AGM in a day. Looking forward to my next stay and would recommend for any traveller to Tupelo.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hgitupelo, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are always so happy to hear from our family members that stay with us often! We're glad to know that your experience with us has been consistently good and we thank you for your feedback. Your opinions, ideas and feedback are extremely important to us!

We look forward to your next visit!