“Beautiful, expect nothing less”

Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hotel is new or recently remodeled. GREAT location near downtown and BancorpSouth center. Very nice entry, clean rooms, modern. Bathrooms great, beds great. Just, GREAT!!! The staff was nice, even suggesting a local restaraunt that delivers.

Room Tip: Have to pay for breakfast
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
hgitupelo, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you kindly for your glowing recommendation! We've been open for six years, and believe it or not, we will soon remodel that lobby you complimented! Our housekeeping and maintenance staff, as well as our front desk staff, do a great job at keeping us well-kempt, don't you think?

Our housekeeping staff take pride in their sparkling clean rooms and we're happy you rested comfortably on our Garden Sleep System Beds.

We will commend our entire Staff on your behalf for their excellent customer service!

Come back soon!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Best hotel in Tupelo (by a wide margin, I suspect), the Hilton Garden Inn is next to the conference center and arena, and across the street from Fair Park, a new development that extends Tupelo's downtown to the east. There are some nice restaurants nearby, and the older part of downtown is just a block away.

The hotel itself is nothing special, but certainly meets the standard expectations of a Hilton Garden Inn. Bed was exceptionally comfortable. Staff was friendly. All boxes checked.

Room Tip: Views to south are better, but not spectacular either direction.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words! We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do have some great nearby restaurants (within easy walking distance); AND, we have a great in-house restaurant, The Great American Grill! Check out our new menu!

We, too, believe we are the best hotel in Tupelo and those Hilton Garden Inn standards are pretty high, aren't they? Of course, we believe that what makes our hotel special is YOU--our valued Guest(s)!

Our friendly Staff thanks you again! Come back soon and lay your head on our comfortable pillows and beds, okay?

Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Very impressed with the look and comfort of this property. The cookies (served at 5 pm) are amazing and the breakfast is high quality. Two small glitches: I did not get the wake up call that I stopped by the desk to request and my a/c unit cover was loose, meaning it was rattling. I solved it by putting a phone book and the Bible on it. The location is super convenient and there is good wi-fi strength.

• Stayed: August 2012
hgitupelo, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are honored that you found our hotel impressive! Thank you for your review and compliments.

Those cookies...those cookies! I always say they are the best cookies in the world! We're so glad you enjoyed them as well as our breakfast. Our breakfast is a bountiful array of choices--full buffet PLUS cooked to order items AND an island chock full of almost any kind of breakfast bread or food you could imagine!

We apologize that you did not receive your requested wake-up call and we will use this opportunity to further train and supervise. Thank you for letting us know of the rattling air conditioner--we want to get that fixed!

We strive for perfection and we want you and all our Guests to experience NO glitches! So thank you, once again, for letting us know how we can improve.

Come back to see us soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our car broke down in Tupelo while on a multi-state roadtrip. Unexpectedly having to spend the night in town, we headed to the Hilton Garden Inn. Rebekah at the front desk was so incredibly helpful, booking us a room and even securing us a discount and a later check-out time (since we had to wait for car repairs). All of the staff were very welcoming and eager to tell us about Tupelo.

The rooms were just as expected for an HGI: Impeccably clean, very comfortable, and with all the amenities (fridge, microwave, super comfy beds, etc.). The location of the hotel is easily within walking distance of eateries and the nice downtown area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
hgitupelo, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! While we are so sorry to hear about your break-down, we're glad that we had the opportunity to serve you.

We pride ourselves on the values you've complimented...Empathy, Caring, Friendliness, and Helpfulness and we thank you for noticing. "Impeccably clean"...what high praise, and deserving, too...our housekeeping staff works long and hard and we are proud of their skills & character.

We will be sure to recognize Rebekah's excellent customer service and let her know that we value her for taking such good care of you....our honored Guest!

Come back to see us soon and next time, stop in Tupelo just for fun...

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in July, and I left my computer software in the room and before I got home, I received a phone call stating that I had left it behind in my room. I really appreciate the promptness of MONICA in housekeeping dealing with this matter, and also I received the software in the mail within 2 days. Also, housekeeping left me a note the second day I was there telling me to have a great day. Little the things like this make a GREAT stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Amber D
hgitupelo, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation! We're so glad that we were able to help you!

We will certainly commend Monica and our housekeeping department for their diligence and personal touch! Thank you for letting us know.

Please do come back and stay with us again, okay?

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Tupelo Mississippi, who would have thunk it. Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel is great, located close to downtown and all the sites and attractions. Southern folk here are extremely friendly, especially to out of towners such as I. Everything in the hotel worked well, you will love the indoor pool and hot tub .The bedding is one of those new kind that conform to your body, very relaxing and cool, best night sleep ever. But wait till you encounter the staff, they really do care about the environment and their guest. I am just traveling through Mississippi and the south, but Tupelo has been a wonderful experience's they say in Tupelo "Ya come back now you hear" Recommend GO , you will be as impressed as I was I'm sure..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
hgitupelo, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

I know, right?! Tupelo is a great find! Conviently located at the intersection of Hwys 78 & 45, progressive and growing!

We here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo are pleased to have been a part of such a pleasant surprise for you during your travels! Thank you for your kind words--we're so glad you noticed our lovely amenities and hospitable staff!

Ya come back now, ya hear?!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Will not be back to this hotel! No cartoon channels for my son, you had to pay for nick jr. Called front desk to see if they had a TV guide and they said they would bring one up, it never came. Husband went and asked for one at the desk, and lady told him they were out. When we checked in to the hotel, I signed for my credit card and asked employee if there would be anything else coming off my debit card. She said no. I go later and check my bank account and find they did take a 25.00 fee. I went to the front desk and asked them about it and then they told me it was taking in case we had watched a ppv movie, ect..I asked when the money would be back on my card, thinking it would be when we checked out the next day and was told it would take 5-10 business days before I could get the money back!!! They gave us comp breakfast and told me to speak with the Manager in the morning. I will do that as soon as they arrive!!! The pool had WAY TOO MUCH clorine in it, It burned your eyes sitting in the pool room. Children were not being watched by the parents at the pool and they were young!!! Beds were hard woke up with a very stiff back. Came downstairs @ 6:45 this morning for some coffee and no sugar or creamer and coffee was COLD AND OLD!!! Trash can beside coffee was full night shift never changed it from day before. Hoping I get at least some of our money back was not worth the money we spent to stay here!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
hgitupelo, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Guest.,

We are so sorry you had a less than pleasant experience during your recent stay at our hotel. We don’t take these reviews or your concerns lightly, and will certainly address them with our staff.

The Hilton Garden Inn Satisfaction Promise states, " At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you're satisfied, or you don't pay. You can count on us. Guaranteed. " As a reflection of our focus on hospitality and integrity, we have made the third party reservation company through which you booked aware that there would be no charges for the night's stay.

It is our hope that the complimentary breakfast provided for you and your family helped to lessen the frustration you experienced.

Once again, please accept our sincere apology that we were not able to meet your expectations. Thank you for making us aware of this opportunity for further training and improvement.