“DON'T STAY THERE- HORRIBLE”

All American Inn Tupelo
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Reviewed February 11, 2011

First of all we had trouble checking in. The lady at the front desk didn't speak English. Her daughter I'm assuming called a man about our reservations. Old broken down cars were in the parking lot. We could smell the room before we opned the door. The stinch was so bad! Furniture was old and broken and had mildew on it. Bathroom door was splintered. Sheets looked filthy. We turned the air up to try to get the smell out and it made it worse. We didn't even unpack. Loaded our things up and left. Didn't ask for a refund since we had so much truoble checking in. The place should be condemned, it is so awful!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mollyisabella
abvitupelo, Owner at All American Inn Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2011

Dear Traveler,

The room did have a smoking odor because it was a smoking room - which I had explained to you because we had no non smoking rooms. We did fix the bathroom door and we do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Please give us another try if you are in the Tupelo area again.

Reviewed July 7, 2010

Normally, I don't judge a hotel by the reviews that are posted. So I decided to give this hotel a try. Staying 3 nights for a good price in Tupelo, MS. Immediately upon driving up to the hotel, I noticed the owner and told may partner that it was going to be a bad experience. So overlooking the owner, I decided to continue with the check in process. I got the key and proceed to the room. Opened the door and the musky, old smell met me at the door. I immediately walked back to the frontdesk and got another room and canceled the other 2 nights. The owner couldn't understand why. I told him that your hotel is run-down, wallpaper is coming off the walls, there is water damage in the room, no iron, lighting is coming out of the ceiling and you want me to stay here for the remaining 2 nights. NOOOOOoooooooo!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank StrateTrippen
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Wow, this place is unbelieveable. When we got there first impressions were instantly bad with shady characters hanging around smoking and looking a bit threatening. The woman at the front desk was rude, dissinterested and not very helpful. We were given our keys and when we went up to our room there were two guys already in there. They both looked completely strung out and could hardly talk and were staggering around in a sleepy manner. We got the woman from the front desk and she came to throw them out but said she'd have to get us a new room because they'd "messed up the bathroom". I can only assume they were shooting heroin in there because she wouldn't let us see it and very quickly tried to get us out (and because of the state these two guys were in).

She had no explanation as to how they could have got a key. After that we said we didn't want to stay there anymore because we didn't feel secure but she said she couldn't refund our money. We had to call up the main number for the whole chain and speak to someone on there, who then rang up the woman at the front desk and spoke to her. Then she had to ring our manager, then we asked to speak to the manager on the phone and explained what had happened. Finally the manager agreed to give us a refund and we got the hell out of there fast. We went to a place down the road where we had to pay another $50 a night but it was pure luxury - the Comfort Suites. We've learnt - you get what you pay for and don't expect it to be any good at that low price. Never again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank rebeccapaul44
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Rooms were worn and did not have the appearance of cleanliness. Although it was a weekday, nearly every room was taken and unsavory characters were walking around and talking outside until about 2AM. Since parallel parking is allowed, every doorway was blocked with cars. The parking area was extremely tight and I had to park some distance from the room.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank pathe3
Reviewed March 21, 2008

The bed was so hard that we had to go to WalMart to get some foam just so we could sleep! On top of that we ended up buying some more sheets because the ones they had were filthy. There was mildew on the shower curtain. No refridgerator or microwave in the room. We had to call and ask for one. When the employee arrived with the refriderator and microwave they said that they have been moving them all morning long and that they dont know why management just wont buy them for all the rooms. Housekeeping would not knock before coming in the room and they did it twice.

• Stayed: March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank onemind1983
Reviewed June 25, 2006

or so saith my children.

I have a litany of complaints about this place.

The room was not as represented on the website. The furniture was battered and worn. The wall paper was tearing away from the walls and there were water stains in several places on the ceiling. In addition, through the description indicated I would have a mini refrigerator and a microwave, neither were in the room. The room had to have been 85-90 degrees when we checked in--it took four hours for the room to cool off enough to permit comfortable sleep. The bathroom had mildew growing in it. The carpet needed vacuuming. The fire alarm had no batteries. While I was lying in bed trying to read, a bug scurried past my pillow. Finally, the "continental" breakfast consisted of coffee, juice and two--I repeat, two--prepackaged danishes.

Spend a little more . . . get a lot more. Go to the Amerihost.

• Stayed: June 2006