“Don't turn this down!”

Connie's Fried Chicken
Ranked #15 of 194 Restaurants in Tupelo
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Don't turn this down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Went through the drive-thru a few days ago and was fairly disappointed with the service. The girl taking my order was very rude and snatched the money out of my hand without saying thank you. Besides the service, their chicken is the absolute best! If you're stopping in for lunch or dinner, make sure you try their homemade onion rings and mashed potatoes w/ gravy! And if you're dropping by for breakfast, make sure you order a few blueberry donuts! Melts in your mouth!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank gracesparks

Tupelo, Mississippi
“Great chicken/locally owned”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Connie;s has great chicken and salad bar. It is locally owned by 2 brothers who inherited from their father-Connie- who ran it many years before he died. The breakfast is great and Sundays are usually packed for the after church crowd.
Onion rings are the best of anyplace in town! They are homemade.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jpickering
Mississippi
“Good Chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Just get the strips and you will be in for a great treat. A little expensive but worth it from time to time.

Visited January 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Southern Food - Nice Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I use to work for a company that sent me to Tupelo periodically, it is a much better twon than what people think of when they vision a smaller town in the Mississippi Delta. Connies is a local favortie with a minimal, but clean, decor; you feel like your in a fast food resturant with really great food.

The Food - Excellent fried chicken with Southern Cusine Sides - macaronni & cheeses, green beans, potato salad. Great Ice tea and a salad bar.

Location - fairly close in and easy enough to find.

Clientele - LOCAL FOLKS, you feel like your in "Heat of the Night," I kept looking around for Buba and Carrol O'Conner. I'm a southerner so my accent fit with the local after church crowd, well mannered and conservatively dressed. What I love about traditional Southern Resturants is we were all taught to keep our voices down and to speak softly so when you are in this type of place it really is still very relaxing and pleasent; you don't have to strain to hear your dinner guest's voice. I find Northern Resturants nerve racking when I have been away for a while.

Bad - NO COCA COLA PRODUCTS - for shame!! The owner should be aware that in the South we do not prefer YDW (yankee dirt water), oops I mean Pepsi. This is outrageous! This is the only reason I did not award a 5 Star rating

ALL IN ALL - great place with reasonable prices and good food, drink the Ice Tea

• Visited December 2013
Dandridge, Tennessee
“Not what we remembered.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

On a recent trip to Tupelo, we stopped in because this used to be a really good place to eat. We were thoroughly disappointed. The ladies at the counter were not rude, but not nice either. The food was not ready at the same time and when I finally got mine, the mashed potatoes (out of a box) were cold and about as bland as you could get. My wife said the chicken salad was good as well as the salad bar. We will not be going back.

• Visited December 2013