“Shorthanded service ruins night out”

Park Heights Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Park Heights Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 210 Restaurants in Tupelo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Commerce Street
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband & I went to Park Heights for a relaxing meal. The service started well enough since we were early in the evening. As the restaurant filled we were totally neglected by out waitress. I know she was not responsible for scheduling staff but there were 2 waitresses serving the whole dining room. A large party took up much of her time. We paid $135 for a meal for 2 and never got our bread. We asked for it several times but to no avail. Our steaks were delicious but the service put a damper on the entire meal. Many apologies do not make up for the lack of attention. Usually we are annoyed by the constant interruptions by the wait staff but not tonight. The hostess finally started refilling water glasses. There was also a very loud and obnoxious table of 5 or 6 people who disturbed the entire dining room. I was very disappointed with our entire experience. I went there expecting a quiet enjoyable meal but not tonight. We have eaten here before and the service was slow..but...there is a difference in slow and leisurely!

1  Thank Btrout51

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Ate at lunch for my daughter's birthday. Took 2 hours for lunch! Very slow service! Sent back shrimp bisque because it was only lukewarm & hardened on top. Part of this problem was meals did not get to table at same time. Another diner could not eat ranch dressing. Friend of daughter had 3 desserts brought to my daughter to pass around table. Cheesecake seemed to have freezer burn. Only had 1 waiter & 1 waitress to serve dining room. Dining room was full! Have always enjoyed Park Heights, but won't be back. My lunch was not worth almost $20.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Very nice atmosphere for special occasions. A little pricey but good food and generous portions. If you would like to splurge a little and be pampered a little you won't go wrong here.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Great for that special night out. Eat out on the roof when weather permits, the view is of downtown Tupelo. Great food, great drinks, and great service. Very friendly people

1  Thank TupeloSydney
Reviewed July 10, 2012

had been to this restaurant earlier this summer for lunch and had great service and a good meal of meatloaf and accompaniments. So, this time when my husband and I were down in Tupelo again, I suggested that we consider dining there instead of going again to one of the many chain restaurants in town.

The decor is lovely. High ceilings and tasteful colors and artwork invite one in for an evening of cool and upscale ambiance. We hoped that the food would coincide with the surroundings.

Our wine and martini (for me) were served well and promptly. Our appetizer of Voodoo lobster was a feast for the eyes and tastebuds. The crispy battered lobster was coated with a sweet and spicy sauce, which, when sprinkled with the lemons which accompanied it, was more than satisfying.

The server asked if we wanted to order salads, and since we were undecided, she suggested that we might want to split one, which was a great choice for our appetite level. The grilled romaine with tomatoes and cheese was covered with an extremely tasty dressing of cracked peppercorn and a creamy base. The corn bread croutons, sadly, were soggy vs. crispy.

We waited and waited and waited for our entrees. The server did say that they took much longer than they should have. It was a Monday night and hardly crowded, so we were indeed perplexed at the overlong wait.

My scallops on top of grits with asparagus and mushrooms were very attractive and flavorful. Because we had such a wait, however, I was overly full and could hardly eat more than a few. I did take the leftovers home in hopes that they would reheat for lunch the following day. My husband had the red snapper with black-eyed pea fritters (which he declared were excellent), but he failed to get enough of the flavorful chow chow to complete the dish and found the snapper to be therefore rather bland.

Despite the extreme delay between courses, we did enjoy most of the meal and would consider a return. The prices are a bit steep, but to have a choice other than Outback and Olive Garden makes them seem rather worth it.

2  Thank foodophile