“The best restaurant in town for fine dining.”

Park Heights Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Park Heights Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 208 Restaurants in Tupelo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Commerce Street
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Great for that special night out. Eat out on the roof when weather permits, the view is of downtown Tupelo. Great food, great drinks, and great service. Very friendly people

1  Thank TupeloSydney

Reviewed July 10, 2012

had been to this restaurant earlier this summer for lunch and had great service and a good meal of meatloaf and accompaniments. So, this time when my husband and I were down in Tupelo again, I suggested that we consider dining there instead of going again to one of the many chain restaurants in town.

The decor is lovely. High ceilings and tasteful colors and artwork invite one in for an evening of cool and upscale ambiance. We hoped that the food would coincide with the surroundings.

Our wine and martini (for me) were served well and promptly. Our appetizer of Voodoo lobster was a feast for the eyes and tastebuds. The crispy battered lobster was coated with a sweet and spicy sauce, which, when sprinkled with the lemons which accompanied it, was more than satisfying.

The server asked if we wanted to order salads, and since we were undecided, she suggested that we might want to split one, which was a great choice for our appetite level. The grilled romaine with tomatoes and cheese was covered with an extremely tasty dressing of cracked peppercorn and a creamy base. The corn bread croutons, sadly, were soggy vs. crispy.

We waited and waited and waited for our entrees. The server did say that they took much longer than they should have. It was a Monday night and hardly crowded, so we were indeed perplexed at the overlong wait.

My scallops on top of grits with asparagus and mushrooms were very attractive and flavorful. Because we had such a wait, however, I was overly full and could hardly eat more than a few. I did take the leftovers home in hopes that they would reheat for lunch the following day. My husband had the red snapper with black-eyed pea fritters (which he declared were excellent), but he failed to get enough of the flavorful chow chow to complete the dish and found the snapper to be therefore rather bland.

Despite the extreme delay between courses, we did enjoy most of the meal and would consider a return. The prices are a bit steep, but to have a choice other than Outback and Olive Garden makes them seem rather worth it.

2  Thank foodophile
Reviewed June 30, 2012

One of the best dinners of our weeklong trip in MS and LA! the crab cakes were excellent and well priced! Very nice atmosphere and great service. I would love to go back again!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Tis restaurant is located in downtown Tupelo withlenty ofarking and easy access. After four days on the road I just really wanted a good meal with all the fixings. Web sites recommended Park Heights. The decor is wonderful, the staff is top notch and it just appears to be just what I was looking for. Hmmmmmmm....... We started with Charcuterie Board which was very nice and a pleasant taste surprise. Then the problems became apparent. FILET ??? That means to me tender delicious beef. Two separate filets, cooked correctly, that were tasteless and dry. The additions were very good but when the main item is poor it ruins the entire meal. I can only recommend that the owners realize that good beef is not only cooked correctly but also must be top grade when purchased. Certainly a very good restaurant in an area devoid of high-end establishments, but beware of what you wish for.

1  Thank Brian N
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Extensive choices with daily specials. Try the shrimp bisque and chopped salad...or the oyster BLT. This is a wonderful place for a relaxing lunch or dinner with friends or a great place to impress business associates. Quiet and classy with consistently excellent service.