“Not bad but bland”

Fresh Market Cafe
Ranked #94 of 206 Restaurants in Tupelo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 20, 2014

"Fresh" is a misnomer. It's not fresh. I've been here probably a half-dozen times since it's opened, hoping every time the food is better. Nope.
Nothing bad, really, but nothing stands out. Many of the veggies are cooked fresh – out of the can from what I can tell. But don't expect any seasoning on anything.
Service is good, place is clean, so no complaints there. Note that it's New Albany sister store closed in less than five months and is now a Japanese restaurant.

1  Thank DHSeid

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Poured out of a can food. The meat tasted like cardboard and it is very expensive for what you get. $65 for lunch for four on a Sunday lunch.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Every time I have eaten here I have actually enjoyed the food however afterwards I always have terrible stomach cramps. Not sure if it's the ingredients or that the food has sat out too long. Won't eat here again.

1  Thank Ken P
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've been to this place twice. I've had good service both times. Fresh Market is definitely a better option than fast food. They don't add any salt or butter to any of their food and everything is made from scratch. The portions of food were a good size. The staff has always been friendly to me. When you first go in, you go through a line and they tell you about what choices of food you have to choose from. It's like a buffet, but they are the ones that put the food on your plate as you go down the line. After you choose, you pay for your food, go make your drink, and sit down to eat. I really like their rosemary baked chicken! It's a huge piece of chicken that is flavorful and moist. I have had to add a tiny bit of salt to the carrots, but that wasn't a big deal to me. The sweet tea was pretty good. I do prefer it to be a little sweeter, but I tend to like a little tea with my sugar because I'm a southerner, haha! I will be going back soon!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Today was my second and LAST time to eat at this place. I ordered the 3 veggie plate and sweet tea. The lima beans were tasteless, no seasoning, zero salt...I could have eaten cardboard for the same taste. The sweet potato casserole was very tasty but in a very, VERY bad way. Im not sure how they made it but the sweet potatoes were mashed up in layers between a couple of layers of mystery food. I don't know what it was but after spitting out the first bite I was done. The third veg was okra, which I LOVE but this okra could have been the pre-breaded kind from the frozen section of the grocery store just barely warmed up and thrown on my plate. Yum, right? The yeast roll that sat quietly on my plate was what I ate for my lunch today. It was cold, bland but edible. The sweet tea is horrid. Good and sweet and the tea steeped long enough that it was nice and dark but whatever was used to sweeten ruined it. Maybe it was saccharine or some other cancer causing ingredient, not sure, but it was GROSS. So for my lovely $8 meal rode shotgun back to my office was $8 thrown in the trash. This was my second experience here and my LAST.