“Good food”

Fresh Market Cafe
Ranked #96 of 205 Restaurants in Tupelo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've been to this place twice. I've had good service both times. Fresh Market is definitely a better option than fast food. They don't add any salt or butter to any of their food and everything is made from scratch. The portions of food were a good size. The staff has always been friendly to me. When you first go in, you go through a line and they tell you about what choices of food you have to choose from. It's like a buffet, but they are the ones that put the food on your plate as you go down the line. After you choose, you pay for your food, go make your drink, and sit down to eat. I really like their rosemary baked chicken! It's a huge piece of chicken that is flavorful and moist. I have had to add a tiny bit of salt to the carrots, but that wasn't a big deal to me. The sweet tea was pretty good. I do prefer it to be a little sweeter, but I tend to like a little tea with my sugar because I'm a southerner, haha! I will be going back soon!

There are newer reviews for Fresh Market Cafe

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Today was my second and LAST time to eat at this place. I ordered the 3 veggie plate and sweet tea. The lima beans were tasteless, no seasoning, zero salt...I could have eaten cardboard for the same taste. The sweet potato casserole was very tasty but in a very, VERY bad way. Im not sure how they made it but the sweet potatoes were mashed up in layers between a couple of layers of mystery food. I don't know what it was but after spitting out the first bite I was done. The third veg was okra, which I LOVE but this okra could have been the pre-breaded kind from the frozen section of the grocery store just barely warmed up and thrown on my plate. Yum, right? The yeast roll that sat quietly on my plate was what I ate for my lunch today. It was cold, bland but edible. The sweet tea is horrid. Good and sweet and the tea steeped long enough that it was nice and dark but whatever was used to sweeten ruined it. Maybe it was saccharine or some other cancer causing ingredient, not sure, but it was GROSS. So for my lovely $8 meal rode shotgun back to my office was $8 thrown in the trash. This was my second experience here and my LAST.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Driving through Mississippi from Los Angeles and kinda stumbled on this place. Cute place, nice servers, food ok. Had roast beef which was just so so...dry. Other stuff ok to.

1  Thank deartori
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is located close to the hospital and has what is touted as healthy food. A clean new establishment. Staff seemed to be harried and did not display any friendliness. I had the meat loaf, broccoli casserole and potatoes. Instant potatoes and casserole were ice cream scoop size servings as they were served with ice cream scoops. The meat loaf required steak souce to be palatable and my wife's fish was inedible. The price for what was served was too high. Not a place that I would care to revisit.

1  Thank Wheeler67
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate dinner for the first time at Fresh Market Cafe. The food is pretty tasty and seasoned like southern home cooking. The building is very basic and probably has as much take out (drive through window) as eat in. Counter staff could be friendlier and they need more help. Basically walk through serving line and you chose your food and pay at end of the line. No table wait staff.

Not the best but acceptable for a meal of meat and vegetables.