Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

More Info
from $185.00
More Info
1,259 results
All reviews room house gift shop humble beginnings church service elvis presley his life shotgun house early life visiting graceland small house early years gospel music grounds are beautiful original location grew up front porch birthplace museum
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

I drove 12 1/2 hours to visit The Elvis Presley Birthplace. Three of us purchased a $18 ticket to visit the museum, church and chapel. We were rudely interrupted several times and asked to leave. I was in the museum watching a short video on Elvis influences and was told they were closing in 15 minutes. It was 2:30 and they close at 5:00. I was reading a poem when they turned the lights off. I couldn’t understand why. They said it was because of the weather. It was drizzling rain but that couldn’t be why but it was. Pure rudeness asking us to leave. They had our &54 and through us to the curb. So much for southern hospitality. As we were leaving they spewed laughter as I was expressing my deep sadness and disappointment to my brother that we had to leave.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Worth the drive from Graceland to Tupelo if you are an Elvis fan. We did not spend the money to walk into the home or the museum but the history on the Elvis walkway and the old church were very nice and meaningful. We topped out our trip with good food at the Blue Canoe (be sure and get the fried black eye peas).

Reviewed 1 week ago

Original house and church moved to this site, but it is ver close.
The tiny house is humbling along with the church attended by the Presley's.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Went to the birthplace of Elvis without much expectations. Overall the exhibits were small but really well done. 14 dollar admission seem steep initially but I felt it was well worth it when I finished. There was a small museum that that was very well presented. Interesting exhibits. Excellent interactive videos. Cool stuff. Loved it. His first house was well presented and included a live presenter who was very informative. The grounds were clean and interesting to walk. Lots of things to learn and see. I loved it and recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The original home and location of the King. We were lucky that a lady sat in the bedroom and told us a lot about Elvis and his parents, she was very informative as she had also lived near to Elvis at Gracelands Memphis. The house was a two room building. The local church had been moved to the same site and it had a short movie with actors showing how Elvis started singing at his church. The is also a small interesting museum on site and gift shop. Well worth the small detour and helped me understand why Elvis's father had to move to Memphis, after his short stay in prison.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Such a humble beginning and a sad ending. We truly enjoyed learning about Elvis' upbringing. Such an inspiration

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stopped by here on our way to the Natchez Trace.It can be a little cheesy but it was worth the stop.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This museum really brings home the humble beginnings and down-to-earth qualities of Elvis. If you are in the neighborhood, you should definitely visit.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hi all, we were there 2 week's ago with friends and it was great to see , the house is still on the same sight when Vernon built it, a must for all Elvis fans.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped at Tupelo on the way to Memphis. It was a fantastic stop to see the humble beginnings of Elvis.
There was a shot gun house, which Elvis grew up in, a chapel, replica car plus a museum.
It was a lovely place to visit. Allow a half day at most.