“Two Room Cottage Has Become a Cottage Industry”

Elvis Presley Birthplace & Museum
Book In Advance
More Info
$185.00*
and up
Elvis Presley Birthplace Park in Tupelo with Transport from Memphis
Ranked #3 of 24 things to do in Tupelo
More attraction details
Owner description: Museum showing objects from Elvis' childhood.
Nashville, Tennessee
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Two Room Cottage Has Become a Cottage Industry”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I first visited Elvis's birthplace while overnighting in Tupelo on the way to New Orleans. A simple home exhibit has grown to a musuem complex, with museum, theater, Elvis' boyhood church, large gift shop and theater. The expanded grounds include attractive parklike surroundings and ample parking.

My daughter, born after my initial visit, enjoyed the exhibits, grounds and gift shop with me. We were on a schedule and a budget, so did not pay the reasonable admission for complete access. We were still able to enjoy the park area, which features a timeline, a car similar to that in which the Presley family moved to Memphis, the exterior of the home and church, and some museum exhibits. I would certainly recommend the entire package to truly dedicated fans, but we were able to enjoy a considerable amount of the offerings there for free.

The location isn't easy to find, but it is on GPS (just tell it 'Elvis Presley Drive') and everyone in Tupelo knows where it is. A must see if you are in Tupelo.

Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego, California
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Good effort”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I would say they made the best with what they have. After all, all it is is an old house. But it's nicely presented and I would recommend going there if you are in the area.

Visited October 2012
Alabama
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A place for Elvis fans”
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

If your a Elvis fan, it's a place you definetly have to vist. It was interesting to me because I'm a Elvis fan. My husband, did enjoy it even though he isn't really a Elvis fan. He just didn't enjoy it as much as me. This being said, probably will never go there again because one trip is really all you need because there isn't that much there. The only things we were disappointed about was the remodeling that was going on at the time. No inside restrooms and being July it was hot outside! This being said, we had rode the motorcycle to tupelo. When we got off the bike we wanted to feel some cool air conditioning, But to our surprise the museum was closed! If memory serves me right, it was 11:00 an the museum opened at noon. So we sat n the shade on a bench an my husband was kind enough to fan me because I was burning up. We waited on the museum to open. Because after our trip, wasn't going to leave without seeing it. But plenty of people came and left when they found out it was closed. Once we did get inside. We wanted to sign the register book but the lady behind the counter informed us all the pages in the book were full an she didn't have the key to the building where new pages for book were kept. We enjoyed the exhibits at the museum. We went to the gift shop afterwards. We purchased some items an their cash register was out of order. The poor lady didn't know how to make change!
Maybe by now the place has every thing straightened out. Think we would have waited on our trip there if we had known what all was going on.

3 Thank AlabamaLady
Antwerp, Belgium
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Lovely place”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

You don't have to be an Elvis fan to love this place. It's a piece of history.and they are still expanding in a positive way. A must see in Tupelo !

Visited August 2012
1 Thank reyntens
Princeton, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Elvis' gospel roots”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just a brief note to respond to those who make negative comments about his boy hood church being on the grounds -it is imposible to seperate Elvis from his gospel roots. It remained his absolute favorite music and anchor throughout his life.

Visited April 2012