“Best Western - #1 in my Book”

Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Best Western in Tupelo is the best - we stay there all the time when we visit family - have grandkids in with reservations so they can use the heated indoor pool - close to good places to eat and the service and breakfast is awsome - We consider this our "home away from home" and plan to stay many more times.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Alicia O, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

I am delighted to hear we are your "home away from home". I hope you and your grandchildren will make many wonderful memories together while staying at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

The staff was excellent. Everything was very clean. The only bad thing was our carpet was very worn. Take all carpet out and put wood floors and it would be perfect! The pool was very nice but to tired to use:(. The breakfast was so so. Pancake machine was broke. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We recently stayed in a beautiful Best Western in Valdosta, Ga, that we thought was one of the best hotels we've stayed in. This is right there besides that one.

It was about $10 more a night but still a reasonable price. It may be a little newer, but not much. It's just gorgeous. The room was spacious. We had a suite in Georgia and this is a double but it's roomy. The beds are fantastic. Great night sleep. Colors are warm and comfortable. Just down right fantastic. Loved the magnifier mirror in bathroom.

You won't regret staying here. We found it through GPS so didn't have an issue getting here.

I specifically searched for a Best Western after staying in Valdosta as we approached Tupelo. We will now be searching for Best Westerns in our travels.

Room Tip: We stayed in 418. A beautiful room.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My family and i stayed here for one night during a road trip to new orleans to stop and visit Elvis's birthplace. Firstly our welcome from Jason at reception was outstanding he couldn't do enough for us. This hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable, facilities great, with the advantage of an indoor heated pool. Breakfast was much more than I expected. Toiletries were much better than the recent five star we had stayed in previously. The staff were friendly, helpful and went out of their way to help. My family raved about this hotel I'm so glad I chose it. I would recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

When I read your review, I could not wait to share it with my team.....you made our day!!!
Thank you for all the kind things you said about our hotel and staff. We hope to see you again next time you visit Tupelo.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just stayed 2 nights. The hotel was new, nice, clean, and the price was definitely right. They had a really good free breakfast, better than what you normally get at chain hotels. Good variety of hot and cold foods, and good quality (taste). They have a heated indoor pool and workout facilities on-site. Room was spacious and AC worked well (important to me). There are a number of restaurants and shops very close. The only drawback is the location. It looks like it's right off the highway - and it is - you can see the highway from the hotel. But, there is not an exit near the hotel. You get off at exit 86A, drive 1+ miles to another exit, then drive 2+ miles to the hotel. Not a big deal, but don't expect this hotel to be easy access right off the highway.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We booked 1 nite needed driving back from vaca in SC. I was surprised.not at all like old best westerns. This Plus in Tupelo was new modern,very upscale in every detail. Room was large,decorated very nice with browns, stone tile and marble in bath..no bright yellow ceramic tiles! Comfy overstuffed leather chair,very comfortab
E bed and pillows.no question of cleanliness. It was very clean. Coffee,fridge,microwave,iron,etc. Didn't feel like 97$ room.but rather twice that. We've tried cheaper ones and even paid 90 for 1 that felt dirty and very old another chain hotel. This was such a nice surprise after driving 11 hrs. Young man at desk very nice. Walked across street to chilis for dinner 2go. Breakfast buffet had everything u could think of. Good scrambled eggs n bacon too. Dining area very homey.not big room with plastic tables..but nice furniture, large granite bar.and couple booths.decorated n laid out to give it upscale home feeling. Not 1 thing negative at all. Perfect for a good price! Don't hesitate if u need 2 stay in Tupelo. We are in our fifties,have seen a lot hotels traveling. Don't like to spend too much for overnite stay,but Im very picky on cleanliness. This hotel hit 5 stars for us in all categories. Fyi we booked handicapp room for mobility issues for bathroom.it had wheelend shower with handheld shower wand, very spacious and convienant lay out. Great value for price.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I did not know what to expect from a Best Western. We had to travel to Mississippi for a loved one's funeral and this was our first time in MS. I was a little nervous when we made the reservation. It seemed to be the only hotel in the area with a recognizable name so we booked it. What a ray of sunshine. It looked like a relatively new hotel. It was very modern, clean, and the staff was really friendly. I loved the lady who works in the breakfast area. She was a real gem...soooo sweet and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was more than I thought it would be. There were multiple hot choices like pancakes, sausage, eggs. It was way more than most hotels' complimentary breakfasts. The rooms were comfortable. There was a mini-fridge and a little bar area. There was a nice sized desk large TV. The furnishing was modern in its styling. Overall, I was very pleased. It was a spur of the moment trip, so we did not have time to be choosey. There was not much to see or do in the area, but we were not there for vacation so it did not matter on this trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family