“Nice Place”

Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a new Best Western that is located in a great area, convenient to several eating establishments. Very tasteful decor, and the staff couldn't have been nicer! Good, hot breakfast with more options than usual.

2  Thank breeland

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Brent C
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I were driving the Natchez Trace Parkway and stayed at this hotel just minutes from the parkway. We were extremely pleased with the friendly staff, comfortable room, and delicious warm breakfast-- we even took extra biscuits for the road. The linens and toiletries were comparable to many four-star hotels we've stayed in yet the price of this hotel was well below other hotels in the area (we paid $88 including all taxes and fees for one night). There were several restaurants nearby (walking distance) along with shopping opportunities. Though the hotel was right next to the freeway, the hotel was safe, quiet, and easy to access. The hotel was not in downtown Tupelo, but this was not a problem for us (we preferred easy access to the parkway). I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NashDoug
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Found Tupelo hotels a little pricey so used Priceline Express Deals and got the Best Western Plus in Tupelo. We were richly rewarded with a nice King bed, and great pool and exercise room. At 5:30 they offered a Manager happy hour with free drinks and finger food which was much appreciated after a full day on the Natchez Trace. This ended up being a real bargain.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lugi14
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel is a nicely decorated, new enterprise. My husband, who comes down to Tupelo for business frequently, chose it because of the spacious rooms and fresh, new feel to the place. As a Hilton member, he expanded to try out Best Western's accomodations since the hotel has gotten good reviews on Yelp and other sites. He also chose it because I was able to accompany him again this time, being a teacher on spring break who was looking forward to some peace and quiet -- away from teenagers for awhile..

I teach high school. I love young people. Unfortunately, however, the hotel is not very soundproof and was accomodating several large groups of middle schoolers as well as high schoolers whose supervisors, apparently, did not hold them to high expectations for their behavior. We got very little sleep on our first night, being underneath what was apparently party central until the wee hours of the a.m. Shrieking and thuds from what seemed like some game involving jumping off furniture again and again and racing across the room directly above us irritated and then enraged us. Despite my having ear buds with white noise intact, there was no way that I could settle into sleep.

At 1:15 I finally called the front desk and reported our dilemma. The person who took the call assured me that he would take care of the problem, which he apparently did since things started to quiet down within 15 minutes. Noise started up again at about 5 a.m. This noise continued throughout the morning -- no sleep possible.

I spoke with Allysia at the desk who was sympathetic and who acknowledged that others had complained during the night as well. She said that she would look for a way to solve our problem and suggested that she could move us to the 2nd vs. 3rd floor. After waiting for 2 hours, I called her back and found out that I would be able to change rooms.

We are currently surrounded by teenagers slamming doors, sitting on the floor next to our room and conversing in loud tones, but no one appears to be jumping off furniture above us. For this, we are grateful. We were promised compensation for last night, which is helpful.

Will we return here? Certainly not on spring break. Most likely not our first choice during other times of the year. Did the staff attempt to help us? Yes. We appreciate that.

One suggestion I have is that hotels who book large groups of young people hand out expectations to the supervisors in charge which delineate quiet hours and respectful behavior to demonstrate respect for others who are trying to enjoy their own vacations. It is a simple matter of good character, Beta Club.

Accepting unruly groups should not be a simple matter of making money at the expense of other patrons whose long-term business might be lost as a result.

1  Thank foodophile
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I never bother to write reviews, but this hotel could hold its own against a 5 star hotel any day, so it deserves a great review! We stayed here on the way to and on the way home from our vacation. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The beds were so comfortable! The full hot breakfast was excellent. The best part was the friendly staff. I mistakenly left my expensive shampoo and conditioner in the shower on our first stay and they gave it back to me on our return visit! We go to Orange Beach, AL every year and Tupelo is our half way point. We plan to stay at this hotel many times in the future!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Particulargal
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My mom and I were traveling back to Florida for are first vacation in 13 years and the Best Western PLUS Inn & Suites in Tupelo, MS was one of the BEST places we have evered stayed at!! And for a very good cheap price aswell! I would recommend this place to anybody. We also got a little spoiled from then on when we decided to stay at a BW PLUS for now on on, just wish we had booked an advance for our 3 night stay in Orlando. I had paid more for a place called the Red Roof Inn that could NOT come close to the low price and MUCH BETTER service that we got at BW Plus!! Plus too, the breakfast was so Awesome too, and i love the fact that their is also a gym, laundry room, and a small little shop inside as well!! We made sure that we staid at a BW Plus on our way back!! ;)

Review collected in partnership with Best Western