“Overall good stay but poor service”

Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Slow check in - desk clerk was polite but extremely unorganized and highly distracted. It took us 20min to ckeck in We requested a top floor room when reservation was made however upon arrival this was not honored nor was she aware of this request and no top floor was available. Second our key card did not work when we got to our room. Thirdly we could hear the people above us walking and running across their floor over our tv which is why we requested a top floor in the first place. Room was clean and comfortable just noisy from people above us. The breakfast was honestly lousy and lacking even though it was included in room price. The eggs had pools of water in the eggs, pancake machine broken, gravy was gray paste, attendant uncaring and slow, and so either I could have cereal and toast or egg soup and paste.

We usually stay at holiday inn express or Hampton inns when we travel and are easy to please but thought we would try this hotel as it was number one on TA. Poor choice on our part

• Stayed: March 2012
Doug W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites. I hope that you decide to give us another try in the future and that we get a chance to show you the superior customer care that you deserve. Thanks for your business and for the review.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

When our family checked in on our way to Atlanta, I could not believe how nice this hotel was. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the decorations were definitely a plus. The breakfast area is very nice and homey and the food was great. We made sure to stay here again on our way back home. Can't wait to book another stay at a Best Western Plus!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AmyL235

Thanks for the wonderful review and also for staying with us at the Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites. We are proud that you enjoyed our hotel so much that you stayed with us twice. The staff was glad to hear that they had made your trip memorable. We look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I travel at least once a week with my job. I have stayed in every chain hotel there is. This place is by far the nicest especially for a small area like Tupelo, MS. The room was absolutely spotless. The beds are as comfortable as my own at home. The staff was absolutely wonderful. As far as the location, it does not get any better. Nice restaurants within walking distance, theaters, and a mall!! The breakfast was fresh and hot. It had not been just thrown out there. I read on one of the post about this place that the management could not be found..I arrived at 7pm and actually the manager helped me with my luggage.
Would not stay anywhere else.....5 stars by far!!!

Room Tip: Beautiful rooms!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mytravels308
Doug W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2012

Speaking for myself and for the rest of the staff at the new Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites, thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are very proud that you enjoyed your stay and that we provided a great experience for you. We pride ourselves on our customer service and on the location of our beautiful new property. I am glad that you liked staying here as much as we like you staying with us and we hope that you will choose to stay with us the next time that you visit Tupelo. Thanks again.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Have stayed here twice and recommended it many times over.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Jharris718

Thanks for choosing to stay with us again at the Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites. We appreciate your return business and the recommendations. We look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

This is a nice place with great employees. It is also a non smoking hotel. As soon as we get on our floor we can smell cigarettes. It got overpowering. There are smoke free signs everywhere and they make you sign that if you smoke in the rooms you had to pay them 250 to clean.....good.....so when we went to dinner we told the manager who said he would tell the smokers to find another hotl...great!,, Alas when we got back they were still smoking away and it just reeked into our room. To late to leave and the manager no where to be found. We don't smoke and sour willing to pay more to not have it in the rooms and all around, unfortunately the management will not enforce the policy so your next door room can smoke up everything...too bad because if not for that this would be a fantastic place.......but our floor just stunk all night into our room. Not cool

4  Thank Jackieb3
Doug W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I do personally appreciate it. I am very sorry that your stay wasn't as enjoyable as expected. We pride ourselves on superior customer care and this was a mistake and letdown on our part. Our hotel is smoke-free and in my personal opinion should always remain that way. The situation with the smoking room was taken care of but that still ruined your experience and for that I am truly regretful. Please contact me at the hotel so that we can try to provide you the superior service that you deserve on your next visit. Thanks for your time and feedback. Doug Whitaker, General Manager, Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

This was a really nice new hotel. Very modern look. Friendly staff and clean facilities. The daily manager's reception with free beer, wine and snack was a nice touch.

2  Thank Ishlachi
Doug W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2012

Thanks so much for the great review and of the wonderful pictures. As General Manager of the new Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites, I am proud to hear that you enjoyed our Manager's Reception and that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed here for work during the week. The check-in was quick and once I was up to my room I did my usual check and it was spotless. They even have new tv remotes daily! I loved the tile shower and vanity set up for the bathroom. I was also impressed with the variety for breakfast. Lots of fresh food instead of stale cereal like most places. I checked out and headed to the mall which is practically next door as well as lots of good restaurants and a sports bar. I realized later that I had left my phone charger so I swung by without calling and the staff immediately knew why I was back and handed me my charger. Overall an awesome stay and I will definitely be back!

1  Thank hannajs88

Thanks for the wonderful review. Speaking for the entire staff of the new Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites, we are proud to hear that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. Thanks for the nice compliments about the cleanliness of the room and of our hot deluxe breakfast. We hope that you decide to stay with us again soon.