“Quirky, Unique Restaurant in Tupelo”
Review of Blue Canoe

Blue Canoe
Ranked #1 of 197 Restaurants in Tupelo
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Crystal Springs, Mississippi
“Quirky, Unique Restaurant in Tupelo”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Heading to Blue Canoe for supper on a Wednesday night, the last thing I expected was a boisterous crowd and having to wait (just a few minutes) for a table. This place was hopping.

Apparently it is THE place in Tupelo to hear music, other than in the huge arena downtown for large venue concerts. Also, it seems this was the evening for happy hour (i.e. 1/2 price) all night.

Food - great. I had a fish sandwich and salad. Music - well, it was great but the place was too noisy to really hear it very well. Prices - very good. This is not an expensive restaurant, but is more like a pub atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank rick s

Hoover
“great place............”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

and is convenient to the hotels in the area. Reasonably priced and the food was great. It is a place where the locals eat.

Visited February 2014
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Peoria, Illinois
“Mouthwatering burger. Awesome beer selection”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My wife and I had dinner and a couple beers here. The BC burger was maybe the BEST burger I've ever had. The draft and bottle beer selection was fantastic. Our server was a wonderful lady named Tammy. She was great. She was friendly, quick and made excellent recommendations. Prices were very reasonable. A few beers, two full meals and over 20% tip. We were still out the door for $36, I will say it is a bar/restaurant The motif was not fancy and the room slightly dark. But overall great visit.

Belden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Bar in MS”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have been meaning to write a review for some time now. What finally pushed me forward was a meal I ate 2 nights ago. The Pork and Greens was so crazy good, that I woke up the next morning thinking about eating it again! The food is always good and the specials are unique and tasty. The service is great (I love the staff) and the beer selection is amazing! The bartenders are quick and can mix you an excellent cocktail if you're not wanting beer. My husband is a musician, so I have been to a lot of bars either to hear him play or see someone else. Let me tell you, the Blue Canoe has us so spoiled! We have seen some really great musicians there and the sound quality is great! We are often astounded by the quality of events that are booked. The Blue Canoe has always been a very satisfying experience.

1 Thank 3kidsbelden
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Excellent ~ Dinner Opportunity”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stopped by here upon recommendation and was that a great piece of advice. A local bar with an assortment of beer offerings that would/could boggle the mind. Follow all that up with a very special selection of pub food items. My selection the "surf and turf" which is, of all things, a huge burger with crawfish infused directly into the burger patties...Yes patties! This thing is a double burger that comes with a selection of toppings. Say 3 or 4 kinds of cheese and other stuff like mushrooms or maybe smoked bacon. We're talking about a minor belt adjustment to get out the door. Parking may be problematic on a busy night, but not our problem this evening.