“Convenient local place for travelers”
Review of Blue Canoe

Blue Canoe
Ranked #1 of 201 Restaurants in Tupelo
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
“Convenient local place for travelers”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We passed thru Tupelo for one night traveling on the Trace. Our hotel was on one of the main roads, just down the street from the hole-in-the-wall Blue Canoe. If we hadn't read about it on this site, we would have passed right by it, thinking it was a smoky watering hole where travelers would feel totally out of place.

Definitely a cozy, dark dive bar but with some unexpected creative dishes. We ordered the duck confit quesadillas (amazing) & chicken & waffle. Did not disappoint! Will be stopping here again in a heartbeat whenever we're in the area.

Alabama Shakes has signed the wall & performed on the little stage they have set up.

• Visited October 2012

Denver, Colorado
“You must eat here if visiting Tupelo! I'm sure Elvis does!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place has amazing food!

It is a really small restaurant/bar with a lot of "sheik rustic" feel to it.

They have a huge selection of micro brews and the server was super friendly and knew her product well - she was able to answer every question we had about the various beers.

They have ghost chili chicken wings. We had heard they are insanely hot but wanted to try them, so the server allowed us to get 9 as the regular hot and 3 as the insane ghost chili hot.

I had the sloppy Joe which sounds boring but they have elevated it to an amazing level.

They had a donut bread pudding for dessert which sounded fantastic but I was just too stuffed.

I would most definitely return next time in town

This place is a must visit when in Tupelo!

• Visited June 2013
Oxford, Mississippi
“Favorite Place in Tupelo”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm in Tupelo a lot and while they may have many different restaurants they all taste the same. At the Blue Canoe you have a totally different menu! They have a small selection but it's a tasty small selection!

• Visited February 2013
“Where Jesus eats when he is in Tupelo.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Absolutely the best hamburger I've ever eaten. Fried black eyed peas? Your mouth will thank you. Blueberry doughnut bread pudding? As close to heaven as you can get. Tammy is hands down the best waitress I've ever had. Thank goodness Tupelo 90 miles away from home, I'd weigh 400 pounds. Omg the crack fries. We ate there on Thursday and came back on Friday with more people. I had to have a witness as to how good this place was.

• Visited June 2013
“Great food, good place for music”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed coming to Blue Canoe when we were in town last weekend! Creative menu: I had a really delicious half Muffaletta, and Mary Ann had a good blacked grouper, then we had the famous blueberry bread pudding -shared one, a real treat! Great draft beer selection, good place for music, see stayed for the first (long) set of a group called Space Capone - fun to listen to!

Visited June 2013

Been to Blue Canoe? Share your experiences!