“Depends on what you're looking for...”
Review of Blue Canoe

Blue Canoe
Ranked #1 of 205 Restaurants in Tupelo
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I've eaten at Blue Canoe several times now, hoping to find what it is that people around here are so excited about. I've tried their Cuban Sandwich (not good), one of their skillet meals (better than the cuban, but still not good), their sliders (decent), their Smash burger (also decent) and their pesto pasta (good). Now obviously, there's a lot of stuff on their menu I haven't tried. I've heard that when they have the filet (beef) as their special that it's amazing but I haven't tried it.

So the question is: Why do I keep going back and trying again? The beer selection is phenomenal, easily the best in Tupelo, and possibly the best in north Mississippi. They have a list as long as your arm, and a large chunk of that is available on tap. Another thing they have down to a science is their bread pudding. It's hands-down the best I've ever had. These two things are the saving grace for this place from what I've experienced thus far. I'm gonna keep going back and trying new things, because this place has great beer and because they're getting interesting musical acts to come to town for a change.

1  Thank Jackson R
There are newer reviews for Blue Canoe

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Taking a road trip down to New Orleans, found this restaurant by using Trip Advisor! Trust the reviews, it is a great stop for a cold beer, nice glass of wine. Great menu and appetizers. Being the guy, I had to try the "smash burger", it was a hit. A great beer menu too, this is a no brainer. Has a nice stage inside for entertainment, but wasn't there for the evening hours. Looks like fun. Brooke, our server was friendly and attentive.

1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This place doesn't look like much from the outside but the food is great! The place specializes in sandwiches, but not the ordinary run of the mill burger. They have many different takes on somewhat familiar themes, the surf and turf turns out to be a delicious combination of crab meat mixed in with the ground beef and then served as a burger (double) on a very large bun. This is just one option on the menu and the sandwich selections can be customized with everything from grilled onions and different cheeses to a fried egg. Be sure to start the meal with a mason jar of fried black eyed peas, these are absolutely amazing. Great place to go if you are in Tupelo but go early or you might have trouble getting in.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The fried black eyed peas cannot be missed, but the highlight of the evening was our server, Tammy! She was friendly, honest, and even threw in a back massage while I waited for my food. We found this place on the last night of our business trip, but we will be heading there first the next time we are in town.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

What a unique and excellent dining experience! I never knew fried black-eyed peas could be so good. The blackened grouper sandwich was very tasty. The next time we roll through Tupelo we will be sure to try it again.

Been to Blue Canoe? Share your experiences!