“Trying but failing”

Nautical Whimsey Italian
Ranked #33 of 210 Restaurants in Tupelo
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Very unprofessional staff! Food was so so. The restaurant itself in great! An old building down an alley, exposed brick interior. A shame that there can't be a restaurant there to do it justice. Go to the Grille or Park Heights downtown.

4  Thank cndthornton

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I've heard mixed reviews of Nautical and hesitated to try it. I'm now sorry I did. I went twice in two weeks and both times I was very disappointed. They have a lunch buffet and the combination of foods were just very odd. Guacamole, salad, pre-packaged breaded fish sandwiches (think filet-of-fish from mcDonalds) ham sandwiches and spaghetti and meat sauce. WHO is going to eat those combinations at lunch? Guacamole and spaghetti? The meat sauce was apparently made with red wine. The reason i know this is because when I took a bite the red wine was so overpowering I almost spit it out. I'm assuming the sauce was not cooked long enough to blend the flavors, or someone accidentally poured a bottle of wine into it. It was terrible. The pasta was very overdone. I could not eat it. Service was poor at best. Drinks are not refilled unless you catch someone and ask and this is not a large restaurant. I've also been told by my friends that they have left the bar area after sitting for a long period of time and getting no service. I decided to give it another try for lunch and I ordered the pepperoni pizza. Flavorless, scant amount of cheese and very low quality pepperoni. High prices for the quality of food you get. If you're looking for authentic italian this is not the place. I will not be going back.

5  Thank MsPyar
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Service was awful! We waited an hour for a freaking sandwich in a basket that didn't come with anything. Although there were three tables that came in about the same time I know I could have done better than that ( worked in food service for 7 months). Management did NOTHING to help the poor girl server. She was sweet and apologized but did not give anything complimentary like any other establishment would. Honestly I blame the management mostly and girl partly. Clearly did not have any training for the job.

5  Thank Rcgehrma
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Great place, love the new buffet, specials, bar & people. Will defiantly be back!

Reviewed March 1, 2012

this resturant was recommended to us while shopping @ local clothing store. First off there are three entrance doors where there is no signage to seat yourself and there is no body to explain to you where to go, next the servers dont seem to know the menu, worst of all the food, we could see the kitchen from our seats, they used frozen ravioli for the toasted ravioli and they also used store bought pasta from a box! When we go to an itilian resturant i generally expect fresh pasta. I would never come back again!

3  Thank david s

Been to Nautical Whimsey Italian? Share your experiences!