“Nice place, nice location.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Germantown, Wisconsin, United States
“Nice place, nice location.”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

It is a new hotel with modern furnishings. Bedding was superior. I had trouble not so much with the hotel as with Mapquest and other GPS devices getting me from my highway exit to the access road to the hotel. I could see the hotel the entire time, but made many false turns. My Mapquest advised me to get back on SB right after I had exited NB.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
 We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing and hope to see you again when travel plans permit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Brandon, Mississippi
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the indoor pool. I noticed that it looked green when we checked in and asked if it was operational and was told yes. We did not swim that day and the next morning I asked the manager/owner about he pool. He said he put chlorine in it. We waited until after lunch to swim (me and 2 grandkids) and there was a very strong smell of chlorine in the pool. We went to the hot tub and did not get in because there a ton of green stuff on the sides. We got in the pool and I noticed it didn't have much flow and a ring of green was around the top (but not touching the water like the hot tub). The next day my daughter took the kids and said the pool was slimy. One of my grandkids developed a rash and when I got home i washed the swim suits. The material disintegrated in spots. He is not maintaining the pool and it is more than likely unsafe to swim in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Debra S
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. I was especially disappointed to read from your review that one of your grandkids got a rash in our pool. I truly apologize for this terrible inconvenience and I can assure you that we are looking for ways to ensure this does not happen again. Our guests’ safety is our number one concern and I can assure you that your comments have been taken into consideration to improve our property. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again.
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel is only 19 months old. We found it to be immaculate. The front desk personnel were wonderful and always smiled! Our room had everything we needed and they not only wash the sheets and change them between guests, they wash and replace the top duvet cover. I truly cannot think of anything bad to say. The beds were very comfortable and we had plenty of space in the room. Great stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
It is nice to hear you think the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing is a “Great place to stay!” We are always glad to hear that our guests are pleased and can find no fault with our
hotel and staff. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is located in the midst of all sorts of shopping, restaurants, etc, but good luck figuring out how to get to it! Once you're there though you can expect friendly staff, and clean comfortable rooms. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are sorry to hear you had some trouble with the GPS but are happy to hear you had a good time here and liked our location. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed February 5, 2013

New hotel on a new road. GPS wont find it. The hotel website gives the address of a Lowes to use , once you get there turn on the street btween Lowes and Wendys and keep going until you see it on your left. Modern spacious rooms with very large flat screen tv. My room had a VERY large desk/dresser in the middle that is simply too big for the room. It makes the room feel smaller than it is and i had to always walk around it. It is a nice piece of furniture and i'm sure expensive but is overwhelming and not needed. As a business traveler i would never need a desk that size and when i sat in bed to work on my laptop there was no outlet close by except the one behind the nightstand. Not a good design for a new hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret you had problems with the desk and the GPS. We will take your feedback to our management meeting for consideration. We would also like to thank you for your 4 star rating and look forward to hosting you on your next visit to our area.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel at the recommendation of my travel agent. She stated that the Hilton brand was exceptional and that I could always expect excellence in service and quality. This hotel was everything she said and more. It was exceptionally clean and modern. It appears to be a very new hotel. The staff is very friendly, especially Jackie the breakfast hostess. She makes you feel at home and caters to your every need. It is next door to Buffalo wild wings. The wings are great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing. Your review will certainly be shared with them .
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'm a big fan of new hotels and this one is FANTASTIC! I know its been open a couple years but the room was immaculate, the workout equipment top notch PRECOR (which was important to me since I'm training for a triathlon), room was spotless with towel art that you get at higher priced hotels, and the cookies...No, not that Doubletree midget cookies, these puppies were MASSIVE! The staff was friendly. Elvis would be proud at the hospitality.

Seriously, if you travel through the area then take this Hampton into serious consideration. It's centrally located near the mall and Hwy 78 & priced well. I travel primarily in Southeast staying at mostly Hilton chains & I have to admit that the best Hamptons I've been in are this one and the one in Monticello, AR.

Room Tip: My room was closest to the highway and it stayed quiet. Most rooms have frig, microwave, and a very...