“Hard to get to, but quite nice”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is located in the midst of all sorts of shopping, restaurants, etc, but good luck figuring out how to get to it! Once you're there though you can expect friendly staff, and clean comfortable rooms. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

We are sorry to hear you had some trouble with the GPS but are happy to hear you had a good time here and liked our location. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

New hotel on a new road. GPS wont find it. The hotel website gives the address of a Lowes to use , once you get there turn on the street btween Lowes and Wendys and keep going until you see it on your left. Modern spacious rooms with very large flat screen tv. My room had a VERY large desk/dresser in the middle that is simply too big for the room. It makes the room feel smaller than it is and i had to always walk around it. It is a nice piece of furniture and i'm sure expensive but is overwhelming and not needed. As a business traveler i would never need a desk that size and when i sat in bed to work on my laptop there was no outlet close by except the one behind the nightstand. Not a good design for a new hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret you had problems with the desk and the GPS. We will take your feedback to our management meeting for consideration. We would also like to thank you for your 4 star rating and look forward to hosting you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel at the recommendation of my travel agent. She stated that the Hilton brand was exceptional and that I could always expect excellence in service and quality. This hotel was everything she said and more. It was exceptionally clean and modern. It appears to be a very new hotel. The staff is very friendly, especially Jackie the breakfast hostess. She makes you feel at home and caters to your every need. It is next door to Buffalo wild wings. The wings are great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing. Your review will certainly be shared with them .

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'm a big fan of new hotels and this one is FANTASTIC! I know its been open a couple years but the room was immaculate, the workout equipment top notch PRECOR (which was important to me since I'm training for a triathlon), room was spotless with towel art that you get at higher priced hotels, and the cookies...No, not that Doubletree midget cookies, these puppies were MASSIVE! The staff was friendly. Elvis would be proud at the hospitality.

Seriously, if you travel through the area then take this Hampton into serious consideration. It's centrally located near the mall and Hwy 78 & priced well. I travel primarily in Southeast staying at mostly Hilton chains & I have to admit that the best Hamptons I've been in are this one and the one in Monticello, AR.

Room Tip: My room was closest to the highway and it stayed quiet. Most rooms have frig, microwave, and a very...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

We are glad to hear you think our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing
was " FANTASTIC! “ . We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Everything was great here. This is our second stay at this location. Both times was great. One of the newer and nicest Hampton Inn and Suites that I've stayed in. The staff was extra friendly and everything was clean. If I had to complain about anything it would just be that they have no Disney channel and with kids that's not always good but they did have all other major cable channels. Overall the stay was perfect and by far the best hotel in Tupelo.

• Stayed: December 2012
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

We are always glad to hear from our guests and are pleased our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing met all your needs. We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Thank you for such a great review.

Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this location several times in the last few months and it is always great. The hotel is new and modern and very clean. The staff is always great and the breakfast is good. My only issue with this hotel is the noise from the highway. The hotel is built almost on the highway so some rooms can be very loud. I forgot about this on my last stay and the noise kept me awake most of the night. I will make sure I ask for a room away from the highway next time.

• Stayed: December 2012
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

 Please accept our apologies for highway noise. Be sure to ask for a nice quieter room on your next stay. We are glad to hear how much you liked our hotel and look forward to hosting you again in the future. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I stay in a lot of Hampton Inns each year, this is one of the best ever. The staff is fast and they have you checked in minutes. The rooms are clean, large and comfortable. Several good place for dinner and in a good, safe location. I will be back!

• Stayed: December 2012
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for your comment "this is the best one ever". Our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing is looking forward to your next visit.