“Great food!”
Review of Fairpark Grill

Fairpark Grill
Ranked #5 of 202 Restaurants in Tupelo
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Classic Americana cuisine in an unique atmosphere! The Fairpark Grill offers up traditional bar fare, everyone's favorite appetizers, and quintessential seafood and steak dishes. We also feature daily market fresh fish specials. We have a wide variety of brunch choices on Saturday and Sunday until 4PM, complete with a Bloody Mary Bar!! So, GET IN HERE AND EAT!
California
“Great food!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had great food, great service, and the prices were very reasonable. The burger was awesome, they have non sweet ( for us californians) and sweet tea? The ambiance was very nice and modern. A great pick!

Visited May 2013

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Setting and service fine, food was BAD!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here last July and while the wasn't great, I just figured I ordered the wrong thing. But based on my experience today, I'd be shocked if was still in business in a month... Waiter was nice, sat outside on a gorgeous day, so good so far ;-). Then the food arrived. It was awful, all three of us were sorely disappointed with the quality of the food. My 8 year old left her Mac-n-cheese and fries virtually untouched. Ditto on my husband's chicken picata. My southwest salad was a small serving, which ended up not being an issue, due to the fact that it was NOT very good. Hand trimming a chicken breast in a salad is essential! I won't disturb your next meal with a description, but suffice it to say, we won't be back.

• Visited May 2013
Keller, Texas, United States
“Would have been excellent except...”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Good food and drinks. They really push alcoholic drinks. Unfortunately, the portions of food are very small for the price.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank Richard S
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Can't get it together”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Since Fairpark Grill opened, it has enjoyed good community support mainly because the owners have had great success in Tupelo, Columbus, and Starkville with other restaurant ventures. Fairpark Grill is the weak link, though. It has a sister restaurant in Columbus that beats the pants off the Tupelo site.

The Grill's biggest problems are its kitchen and its servers, and it's kind of hard to tell which is worse. Let me put it like this. The last three times I've been to Fairpark, we've had a group of four each time. Out of three tries, Fairpark managed to screw up at least one order each time, and the last time, three orders were wrong. And I don't mean a steak that was medium instead of medium well. I mean getting a ribeye sandwich instead of a steak, getting the wrong side orders, not getting an appetizer. One time I ordered a Cuban sandwich and got a Philly cheesesteak. Whether this is the server's fault or the kitchen's, I can't tell.

The food itself isn't that great either. The first time I ever went to Fairpark, I was really excited to see garlic fries on the menu. When I got them, they were clearly just pre-cut, frozen fries with sauteed garlic spooned over them. That's pretty indicative of most of the food. Just cheap quality food with a special sauce or a pretty garnish. You can put lipstick on a pig, but...

The only redeeming thing about Fairpark is the bar, but that alone isn't a reason to have a meal at this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Tim T
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Restaurant version of Stepford Wives”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It's really weird to go into a restaurant and see nothing but blank eyes and utter incomprehension from a hostess, servers, and even a manager, but that's what my party experienced today. It was almost like that final scene in the The Stepford Wives where all the people are in the grocery store just going through the motions, with absolutely no signs of intellect or independent thought. I don't think they even blinked.

Ours was a party of two, and we had pretty simple orders. Drinks, a salad entrée, and a sandwich entrée. We asked if there were any specials, and the servers said, "Those were on the board by the hostess stand." Okay, and what were they? "Oh, I'm not sure. Let me go check."

Blank stare, while waiting to see if we REALLY wanted him to go check. Yes, doofus, we want to know what the specials are.

That was a mistake, because he never came back. We had to flag down another server to see about ordering. Another blank stare. "Oh, let me get YOUR server for you." Good luck with that, kid.

We waited quite a while, then flagged down yet another person who turned out to be a manager, we think. He wasn't dressed in the usual black outfit, so we assume he was a manager. He looked about 12, so he couldn't have been the bartender. We asked to place an order, and he looked at us blankly. "Let me find your server for you." Again, good luck with that.

After a ridiculous amount of time, we finally got to place our orders, though we never did get an answer about the day's specials.

We didn't get our drinks until the food came out, which was very annoying.

My friend's salad entrée didn't have dressing, so we went through the ordeal of trying to find someone to bring us that. More blank stares. "Oh, you didn't get dressing? Would you like me to get some for you?" Yes, idiot.

Not surprisingly, we never got drink refills, and while we had intended on splitting a dessert, we never got a chance to order one. The server did the Stepford walk past our table and deposited the check without another word. He didn't even grace us with his usual blank stare.

The thing that makes it so much worse is the fact that this is not unusual for Fairpark Grill's service. It is pretty bad ALL the time, but I think today was the last chance I'm willing to give them.

The food was not outstanding, but even if it were the best chow in the world, the service kills it for me.

• Visited April 2013