“My favorite downtown eatery”
Review of Cafe 212

Cafe 212
Ranked #4 of 197 Restaurants in Tupelo
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Locally owned sandwich and coffee shop located in downtown Tupelo. Retro and eclectic atmosphere decorated with artwork from local artist. Free WiFi for customers
New Albany, Mississippi
“My favorite downtown eatery”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you go here, you have to get Mama's casserole. It is only served once or twice a week and it is great. There is a good selection of sandwiches along with several desserts. They also have a coffee bar which is probably the best in Tupelo.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Lowry W
jaswan79, Owner at Cafe 212, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I am always super happy to read that we are someones favorite place to eat. Yes Mamma's Chicken Casserole is only served on Fridays, but we do have frozen casseroles that you can carry home to heat up. It is truly a crowd pleaser and we rarely ever have any left at the end of lunch on Friday.

Tupelo, Mississippi
“The best Cafe in town!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Cafe 212 is my favourite place to eat. I ate there today wit my sister and the food was delicious! They have great food, great service, and they have coffee! When you go somewhere to eat it is always nice if the place has a good atmosphere, Cafe 212 is that place, they have a great atmosphere. The staff is super sweet and the food is fantastic! I always feel like I am among friends when I am at Cafe 212. If you are looking for an awesome place to eat, great food(don't forget they have coffee too) and excellent service Cafe 212 is the place to be!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Saviexplorer
jaswan79, Owner at Cafe 212, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Ah Shucks you are just too nice:) Yes Mam we do have a coffee shop hiding back there in the back. All of our beans are locally roasted by a friend of ours, and let me tell you he is good at what he does.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Feels Like Home”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Once or twice a year, my family and I travel to Tupelo to see friends and other relatives. Without fail, this is the very first restaurant we visit and the staff always remembers us and makes us feel at home. The food is WONDERFUL and I dare say my only complaint about Cafe 212 is that there aren't enough of them! I wish they would open one up that wasn't three states away from me!

Definitely try the Pleasentville Veggie Grill or the White Cheddar Pimiento and Cheese. And if that Peanut Butter Pie is there, it's best just to go ahead and buy an entire pie to take home with you.

Love this place!

1 Thank MP326
jaswan79, Owner at Cafe 212, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review. I just had a lady in today that ordered the White Cheddar Pimiento because she read about it on Tripadvisor. Thanks I owe you one:)
“Rude”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had read about this place on TripAdvisor a few weeks before our trip and I was really excited to try it out. We stopped in for lunch but I guess we came too late because they were cleaning up. I asked if they were still serving lunch and one of the girls behind the counter wouldn't even make eye contact with me before she barked "for 5 more minutes." Listen, I have no problem with the fact that they were closing soon and we got there too late. Totally not their fault. But there's no need to be rude about it! She couldn't have made it more apparent that she wanted us GONE so that she could close up. The other girl behind the counter tried to make up for the other girl's rudeness by smiling and handing us a little menu to look at, but after getting the cold shoulder from Little Miss Rude, we were so put off that we just decided to leave. What a disappointment. We ended up going to the Fairpark Grill for lunch though and it was OUTSTANDING. Very friendly service and delicious food. Highly recommend the Fairpark Grill if you want a late lunch and you don't want to get your head bitten off by Moody McMoodster at Cafe 212.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Littlemisstraveling
buffalogal79, Owner at Cafe 212, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
First off I sincerely apologize that you did not have a good experience in our cafe. I am the one you spoke with that day and I completely remember you and the ladies you came in with. I apologize for sounding rude and did not mean to come across in such a way. We had already shut down lunch for the day and were preparing to clean up so that our staff could eat and then finish up their shifts when your group came in. When you asked if we were still serving I was letting you know that we were at the end of serving so that you and your group would be aware of the time limit. We usually let anyone know that if they come in so close to closing because it is not fair to our employees to make them stay late because we did not stick to our own rules and hours of operations. I did genuinely feel bad when you guys left that day because I could tell from your reaction that I could have been friendlier instead of giving a dry response. I truly am sorry and if you and your friends are ever passing through again I would very much like to treat you to lunch on us so that you can finally see what all our wonderful customers are praising us for. I want everyone to have an amazing experience when they come to our place and I'm so sorry yours was not.
Moody McMoodster (t-shirt is in the making) :)
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Sandwich with a Smile.”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Food is so good that when the establishment incurred fire damage the local coffee club sprang into action to help the owner rebuild and re-open. Excellent homemade sandwiches, soup, and cookies. I usually eat at the establishment at least once a week. Very resonable prices; a true value for the meal!

Visited January 2013
jaswan79, Owner at Cafe 212, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
I have to tell that we have the Best Customers on the planet, and over the years many of them have become friends and not just customers. That's what all this is about to me. We get to make food for people and we try our hardest to do that as well as we can everyday but what we really want to do is provide a place for people to enjoy themselves. Thank you for your review!

Been to Cafe 212? Share your experiences!