“Best Saturday Brunch in Town”
Review of The Stables

The Stables
Ranked #37 of 210 Restaurants in Tupelo
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Stables. is the place to go for Saturday Brunch to meet your friends and have the best bloody mary and mimosa and for the very low price of $2.50 Breakfast specials for $6.50. Also voted the Best hamburger in town. It has great atmosphere. It used to be the old livery stable in town and has some old memorabilia. Several TVs on showing whatever game is on. I have never been here when I did'nt have a good a time.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were in Tupelo for an overnight stopover and found the town pretty dead on a weeknight. But we're glad we found The Stables. We're not pub types and it was a bit dark and noisy for a couple of old geezers like us but, as we were tired and hungry, we stayed. My husband's dish was merely average, but I ordered the fried shrimp and it was delicious - fresh, hand breaded, crisp and juicy - highly recommended. Our excellent waitress (Amy?) was very attentive and told us funny stories about Tupelo that we'll never forget. If you're looking for elegant romantic dining, go elsewhere - it's a bar. But if you go, try the shrimp.

2  Thank Verified
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stopped here at lunch time on the recommendation of a local. Tried to order one of their signature appetizers and was told they were out. This was after a ten minute wait for the waitress to get us a couple of beers, of which they were out of two of their drafts. The waitress disappeared to wait on two tables of regulars and only came by to drop off silverware for the second and third times. When we did get to order, the food was slow to arrive and we had to "chase" the waitress to get more drinks and simple extras........pepper??? This was one of the worst "waitstaff" experiences I have had in recent memory. There has to be something better for lunch in Tupelo, MS.

7  Thank Brian N
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The bartenders were nice. They weren't the most attentive to the people at tables, but they did a good enough job. (You seemed to get more attention if you wore a popped collar, so I was out of luck). Prices weren't too bad, just don't expect them to make anything fancy (an Old Fashioned is right out). Overall, not bad.

1  Thank Lawrence H
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I had lunch at The Stables on September 8, 2011. I ate at the bar. The bartender/waitress was very friendly, and efficient. She gave me excellent service. I had the special which was a hamburger steak, and it was excellent. With a beer the tab was just a little over $10, and I thought that was a very good deal. The Stables is located across the street from the courthouse on Spring Street. That is my luch recommendation for Tupelo.

Been to The Stables? Share your experiences!