“Meh..”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I have visited this restaurant with my Turkish friend thinking that it might be good. Because we both are Turkish, we know what the food should taste like..People who havent had any food experiences in Turkey thinks that this is excellent which is not. There are couple Turkish Restaurants in MA and since i have tried all of them, this is the least popular one which has a food that is OK and pricey.. They have an excellent location but they should make some changes..

3  Thank ogursoy

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Lovely food we got here great atmosphere and food that is really beautiful and fresh

Reviewed January 10, 2012

The food isn't the best thing that one can find in the world but it was very awesome. The prices were very high though. Totally recommend it if you like Turkish food. one can also online!

Reviewed December 14, 2011

Best Turkish restaurant in Boston! This was my second time here and it was better than the first! The staff was extremely friendly, a bit slower than we are used to American restaurants, but so nice and very knowledgeable (I have a gluten allergy). I went with my friend who just got back from living in Turkey for 10 months and she said it was very authentic (the excessive amounts of olive oil and all!) For appetizers, we shared stuffed grape leaves, smaller than I’ve normally seen, but the best I’ve ever had and stuffed eggplant – half an eggplant skin stuffed with baby Italian eggplant, garlic, onions, peppers and pine nuts. It was mostly onions, not very any peppers, which I prefer. This was delicious, so moist and just the right amount of garlic! For an entrée we shared the Beykoz Kebab – chargrilled chunks of lamb inside a rolled eggplant served with yogurt and a special tomato sauce and rice. The tomato sauce was probably the best part of the meal.

The other great thing about Saray is that it is BYOB, with no cork fee! So don’t forget the wine! One disappointment for me was that all the desserts had flour in them, not one gluten free option – strange because I didn’t think chocolate pudding or rice pudding normally had flour. Nevertheless, I will 100% be back.

I highly recommend Saray for anyone looking for authentic and delicious Turkish food. Also the music is 100% authentic too!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Very good Turkish food at very reasonable prices. You can bring your wine and I would suggest your own water (unless you want to pay $9 per bottle). Service needs to catch with food quality.