“Great for sandwich and a beer on Beacon Hill”
Review of The Sevens

The Sevens
Ranked #423 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Neighborhood: Beacon Hill
Description: The Sevens is a true neighborhood pub in Beacon Hill. Stop by to have a pint with friends, play some darts, catch the game, or to enjoy our pub fare!
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

This is a small restaurant and a classic old bar. They have a really good beer list. Their story is that they refused to serve Budweiser until 2005. They.said they would start serving it if Budweiser brought the Clydesdales. They did and the rest is history.

1  Thank Dsgandlcf

Reviewed October 31, 2012

In one of my favorite parts of Boston, the foot of Beacon Hill, sits this well-run little pub known as The Sevens. Named after its address, 77 Charles Street, this little place draws a large group of loyalists of all ages - everyone from recent college grads to seasoned professionals sitting next to daily "regulars" - all enjoying themselves. Many locals are drawn here on Sundays afternoons to watch the Sox or The Pats. The staff is always attentive and friendly, there is an ample selection of classic pub fare and a variety of beers, ales and wines from which to select. (No hard liquor is served here). If you live in the area or if you're exploring Beacon Hill as a visitor to Beantown, be sure to stop in and enjoy yourself.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stopped here on a cold, damp afternoon for lunch. The waitress was very attentive and offered us menus and drinks immediately. We decided to share a cup of clam chowder and a sandwich. The chowder was very good, not the best we've had, but tasty and warming. The sandwich was delicious. The only problem was it was FREEZING in there! Just when I started to warm up, the ceiling air vents came on, blowing cold air on top of us. The waitress put her sweater on, but said she didn't want to close the outside door because it was "too early" for cold weather. My husband and I switched our seats around to try to escape the frigid blast, to no avail. We managed to huddle together to enjoy our meal, but it reminded us that so many restaurants seem to suit the temperatures to the bustling waitstaff rather than to the customers. I would suggest this as a nice place for lunch, but bundle up.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband, our kickball buddy and I sat at the bar to indulge in a few 1/2 price apps and beers before our Friday night kickball game. My husband also ordered a cup of chili - had a bite - awesome! They had a great selection of beers on tap and in bottle. The female and male bartenders we chatted with were really nice. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had come here on one other occasion, and the bartender at the time was super nice. They had stopped serving food so he kept supplying us w/ chips.

But we went Friday with my BF and a group of five friends for the BF's b-day. After dinner he thought playing a round of darts would be fun.

We were having a great time, and others were joining the game, but the waitress, i think her name was Diane (middle aged, glassed, short bleached pixie hair), was the rudest person i have met in a long time.

Though we spent over $80 in beer (seriously is corona really $11 a bottle? why?), she kept complaining that we weren't drinking enough. She told us to leave on at least three occasions, and even after explaining to her that this was part of a birthday party for my BF she still complained to him, that he wasn't drunk enough. She dropped off the check in the following way, "Here's the check, you’re not spending enough, so I want u to leave, and i am not splitting more than 3 cards, so go outside to the atm to get cash, I don't want to hear it."

When I told her to be honest I really didn't think she deserved the $20 tip she gave herself, for really no service. She got super nasty and said she didn't like the way I declined my wine, and that i must be a snob. I said to her that I had already had several glasses elsewhere and I why should i buy another glass from her? I had to drive. I told her that if she was friendlier and nicer she probably would have gotten a better tip, but honestly she was mean to us the whole night, despite knowing it was a special day for us. I just don't understand sour people like this, or why they get in the service industry, but my guess is there are enough drunk kids that come here, and don't see that she totally lumps in a 20% tip for no service, and over priced beer.

Anyway, I wasn't happy that after wonderful dinner/drinks at the tiptapbar this unhappy woman took out her frustrations on us. Hopefully managment gets it together.