“Great for the business traveler and the sightseer”

Club Quarters Hotel in Boston
Ranked #47 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed June 19, 2009

We were very happy with our stay here. We upgraded for $25 for a room with kitchen and it was large and spacious. I loved the free wifi! We also enjoyed the free water bottles and refills in the hallway. The staff was very helpful. There was always someone to give you a ride available instead of waiting for a taxi. The location was in the business district but was so close to all the sight seeing tours that we could walk out of our room and within 3 blocks we were in the heart of the freedom trail and all the historic sights. Not to mention the Cheers bar and one of the best food courts I've ever seen! There is a pub that you can walk through a seperate door that has really good food and drink as well. I can see why the businessman would like this. A seperate room is set up with computers and such for all to use and they really seem to cater to their members. But the tourist can really enjoy this too. A good price and a good location!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank GrammaDor
There are newer reviews for Club Quarters Hotel in Boston

Reviewed June 17, 2009

I was there with my family to check out the beutiful sights of Boston. I didn't spend much time in the hotel, but the time that was spent there was perfect. When we arrived we were greeted by a helpdesk person who helped us check in using te automated service machine. There was no line, no wait- quick and pleasant. The elevators are key-card activated (from your room) so yo know there will be no "outsiders" up in the hotel. Also there's a gym and a vending machine on the second floor (they even have deodorant, so if you happen to forget to take one with you, you can purchase it in the vanding machine :)) Every floor has purified chilled water that you can pour in a provided.
The room we had was a small room, with a full size bad, but because we had three people the hotel staff provided us with a second (folding) bad and third set of towels. So even though a room was pretty small, the second bed fit in with no problems, and there was still plenty of room to walk around. Rooms are very couzy, buth they feel more like business then leisure, although the hotel is located in the 'business' district. The lighting in the room was not very bright, but the bethroom light was probably as bright as te sun, so it made up for the brightness. There was a fridge and a microwave, and a hanging closet. Flat screen TV and a desk for the computer or such.
The gym is pretty big, there were two tredmills, an eliptical, a bike, and a few more eqipments that I don't use, so I didn't pay much attention to what they were.
Oh and the bar next to the hotel, Elephant and Castle. is great. I would not recommend to eat there, but if you have nowhere to be later at night, but you don't wanna go to bad yet, it's a great place to grab a drink. Bartenders are all great there, especially Steve, I think he's the manager, but i'm not sure. They kept us very good company and every drink they made (margharita, mojito and a special martini) was very yummy :) I definiely suggest going there for at least one drink.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Very good location just 5 min walk from the historical places, clean room and small kitchen with helpful amenities. The bed base was very good, I slept well. A helpful bottle of chilled water on the room's floor was very much appreciated. Good sevice at desk, nice breakfast in the Elephant. Good value for money unless you are looking for something more luxury. Will be back

Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We found this hotel in Expedia at a very good rate for a Saturday night. Considering the differences in rates with other other hotels in Boston, we thought that this was going to be one of those cheap uninviting hotels. However, this was a top value hotel, offering some interesting feautures that other places will charge you for: free internet in all rooms, free printing from your room, and even they can deliver some gym machines to your room free of charge.
The rooms, or at least ours (814) was not particularly huge but it had a very good size with a small flat screen and a clean toilet with power shower (no bath tub).
The location is superb, 5 minutes away from the best restaurants, 5 inutes from 2 metro stations, 5 minutes away from teh Aquarium and for those in the business mood, the hotel is right in the centre of the financial district. Taxi to and from the hotel to the airport is 28USD

Tip: do the whales watching. The Aquarium company is the best out there. We went on the morning of Saturday 13 June and we watched many whales within a few meters distance.

Reviewed June 15, 2009

I had a great experience during my recent stay. I am not sure what the negative reviews were complaining about. It's not the Ritz (or the Oberoi) but it was so comfortable and inviting, I wanted to move in. The colors are soothing and calming. Everything was clean. Staff was courteous, helpful and most plesant. I had the chance to upgrade from one of the small rooms to a suite. Having a fridge, I was able to shop around the corner and put in a supply of juice and fruit. Though the first room was small, I liked the "coziness" that the suite did not have. The room darkening drapes really did a great job. I am not an English pub fan, but I did enjoy several good meals. Being close to so many subway lines is such a bonus. You can get anywhere via subway with a 2-3 block walk at most, depending on where you want to go and what timeof day it is. Beware subway users: the Devonshire entrance for the State St stop is closed on the weekends, you have to use the main entrance. I was out late for a Sox game one night and out visiting a friend at the end of the orange line another but had no trouble getting back safely. Usual cautions apply. Also, I did not see an elevator or an escalator when I arrived at State St stop on the Blue line from the airport. If there was one, I never saw it. So I opted to take a cab back to the airport because I had a heavy bag. The hotel called a car service rather than a cab so it was a tad more expensive than I anticipated. I shared with another party going to the airport but that did not turn out to save me any money as he charged us both the same for going to 2 different terminals. So beware, get a regular yellow cab and you might do better. If you can lug your luggage, the blue line is the way to go. There is an elevator at the airport stop. Great place!!

Reviewed June 14, 2009

I booked this hotel through Priceline after reading reviews on here (got a great rate for downtown Boston of $85 per night). We took the T from the airport (Blue line, 3 stops - $2 each way - make sure you come out of the station from the right exit or you could be walking on cobblestones) and walked the couple of blocks to the hotel. You have to watch for either the blue CQ flag on the building or the Elephant & Castle Pub to know you have arrived.

Contrary to what other reviewers have stated, everyone at the front desk was very courteous and helpful throughout our 4-day stay. We arrived at 9am (early flight) and our room was not yet ready, so she held our bags and told us that when we came back for check-in around 3pm, our bags would be in our room. We arrived back a little after 2 and our room was ready. We were assisted with the automated kiosk check-in (it was very simple to do & dispensed your room keys automatically). Elevator was key card controlled for security.

Our bags were in the room when we opened the door. The room was nicely decorated and clean. We had a queen size bed with nice comfortable bedding. There was a smaller LCD tv on a swivel mounted on the wall (we had a difficult time getting it to turn on our entire stay, but we weren't in the room much anyway). a comfortable chair and a desk with all internet hook-ups. Not a spectacular view, but okay. Only room noise from outside was the sanitation truck one morning. We were on the 5th floor and did not any hear any noise from the adjacent pub. Coffee maker with mugs & supplies on the desk. Small closet with hangers and a 2 drawer "dresser". There were also 3 hooks on the wall behind the bathroom door. Bathroom was clean - shower only - with nice amenities (shampoo, soaps, and mouthwash).

Chilled water was available on each floor with fresh reusable bottles - very handy for sightseeing tourists to grab a bottle in the morning. There was also a courtesy closet on the floor with irons, ironing boards, spare pillows, pillowcases, blankets, and extra coffee. Didn't check out the fitness room. Also, room service is available until 11pm from the pub, as well as other local restaurants. A guide was in the room.

The location was a quick walk to Quincy Market, the Aquarium, Harbor, Downtown Crossing, and Boston Common. It was also on the Freedom Trail, and provided super easy accrss to the Blue & Orange lines of the T at State Street, and a quick walk to Park Street and Downtown Crossing. We found the T SUPER easy to navigate, and purchased the $15 weekly Charlie Pass for our travels.

The adjacent pub, the Elephant & Castle, was tasty (we went for dinner Firday night right after the offices let out for the weekend). Noisy bar scene and sports on TV - lots of fun + good food & drinks.

The Club Room for guests had 2 computers set up for internet access, as well as a TV, chairs, newspapers, magazines, and chilled water & glasses. Use the computer attached to the printer for more speed - we used it to print our boarding passes before leaving. Check-out is 11am, and out flight wasn't until the evening, but they gladly held our bags for us until we returned.

Others have complained about the quiet in the Financial District at night, but we never felt unsafe walking around.

If I had a complaint about the hotel, it would be the noise from the adjacent rooms. We had to leave our air conditioner on at all times (even though it was cooler out) to cover the noise from the adjacent room. The rooms were set up so that 2 room doors faced each other diagonally at the end of a short hall. You could hear all noise from the adjacent room through the doors without the a.c. to drown it out. We heard televisions, music, loud telephone conversations, loud children, and "other activities" at times. The walls between the bathrooms must be thin also. I was in the bathroom late one night and could hear everything - and I mean EVERYTHING - that the person in the next room was doing, including the flush. Made me paranoid about using the facility at night.

All-in-all, a nice hotel in an excellent location - would stay here again. Don't know if I'd recommend for those with young children.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Stayed here for a 1 nite business trip to Newburyport, MA. It's about an hour away, but I wanted to be in Boston. Much better than staying at a Comfort Inn on the road somwhere and for the same price! I'm not a member, but Orbitz had a deal where this was $120 a nite plus tax. Well worth it. Centrally located. Nice accompanyments. Elephant & Castle is right downstairs and does room service too, plus they have other area restaurants menu in the room and they all deliver as well! On Command TV/PPV service in room. I had to ask for iron & board to press my dress for the sales meeting, but they have that and supposedly will even deliver an elliptical or exercise bike to your room for free. Workout room is downstairs. Good water pressure in shower. Comfy bed. And a nice job of having free chilled water with bottles to fill in each hallway. Highly recommend. 33 High Street garage was a breeze, and cost $8 for the night. Hotel validates.