Club Quarters is right in the heart of the Financial District in downtown Boston. There is no parking in front, just curb space to load and unload. So, when we arrived, I was unloading our Jeep, and my wife went in to check in.
However, this was a problem. My wife went in, and told them we had a reservation. She gave our name, and the lady at the front desk check, and promptly informed my wife that , no, she didn't have a reservation and then proceeded to ignore my wife. No further checking, no desire to help at all. It was as if she didn't believe her. Kudos to my wife, who I could tell was very upset. She calmly looked up our reservation with her tablet, and asked if the lady if she could look it up by reservation number. Seemingly put out, she did, and there was the reservation. We had booked the room directly with the hotel, and somehow our last name was entered as first, and first as last. She then checked us in.
If you have a car, parking is expensive. But not much you can do about it.
The rooms are very small, and so is the bathroom. However, this isn't to say that the room wasn't good. It was nice, clean and very modern. Flat TV on the wall, iPod compatible alarm clock, charging stations. That part was great. The bathroom was tiny, but we managed. The rooms are offset from the main hallway, and there are 2 rooms for each offset. The front doors of the two rooms are right next to each other. This means that when your neighbor shows up, it almost sounds like they're coming into your room.
There is no view, other than the high rise office building across the street. We did get a first hand view of some woman shoe shopping on her office computer. I wonder if she knows she can be seen ....
The location is the best part of the hotel. Close to most everything you would want to see in Boston. Faneuil Hall, Boston Common, Gardens, the Freedom Trail. We walked everywhere. Another nice thing about the hotel is that each floor has a filtered water machine, where you can get a plastic bottle, and fill it up with water, then take it back to your room. It was good water.
Overall, the hotel isn't too bad. I would give consideration to stay here again, as the location was great and the room was decent, however, my wife will never stay here again. That initial experience clouded the whole visit....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters Hotel in Boston is a full service hotel designed for business travelers. Located in the heart of downtown Boston near Faneuil Hall, the North End, Freedom Trail, Quincy Market, and Post Office Square, and a short walk from fine dining, shopping and entertainment. All Club Quarters Hotels provides: • Free high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the hotel • Instant registration and check-out • Club Living Room - an inviting lounge for working, meeting, socializing and relaxing • Free unlimited chilled bottled water • Greater security with keycard access to guest room floors • Restaurant and Bar • Fitness room with cardio equipment and weights • Meeting rooms and office space available • Guest Request Closets on every floor containing extra pillows, blankets and amenities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Club Quarters Hotel in Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Boston Hotel Boston
- Hotel Quarters Boston
- Club Quarters Hotel Boston