“Great rooms and great location”

Club Quarters Hotel in Boston
Ranked #46 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Kragujevac, Serbia
“Great rooms and great location”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed in hotel three days in February 2010 for business reasons. It is located in the central part of the Boston. Everything is really close - Freedom trail, Boston Commons, subway stations.
Check-in and check out was really easy and fast. Room was excellent - really big and comfortable bed, big bathroom with all the necessary equipment.
Restaurant is really good. Coffee in the lobby was for free. Everything was clean and in good shape. Internet was for free.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

On arrival the electric check in did not work which was hilarious, the staff were great and joked about machines doing away with jobs. Rooms small but what do you expect in the middle of a city. So central it is just accessible everywhere of any note on foot, great location. I was there from UK to see the Stones and it took 8 minutes to leg it to TD Gardens. The receptionis a Chinese looking fellow is a hoot! Really good fun and nearly as funny as I am and that is gong some distance.. Will be going back great prices no fuss 24/7 coffee snack and not rubbish. Good wifi. Liked the place a lot. Just wish the Yanks allowed people to open the windows in hotel rooms properly. I'd pay extra for the privilege.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located very centrally between Boston Commons, the Aquarium, the Freedom trail and other major attractions. The hotel is clean, staff was helpful, and they have free wi-fi, and free purified water in every floor with empty plastic bottles, which is an amazing idea. Parking is very expensive every where in Boston, so we used the valet parking with the hotel. I would def recommended it, and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Edmonton
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had really looked forward to our stay here, right downtown, great rooms, a little swanky. So disappointed when we got there, we left to stay elsewhere. Description of room was quite different that the room ended up being. Claims sofa bed in the one room suites, turns out it's actually a sofa chair...positioned so that if you pull it out, the person in the bed would have to climb over the sofa chair. Bringing this to the hotel's attention didn't make a difference as months later, it hasn't been updated. We booked through hotels.com, and they blocked our refund even though they agreed while we were there. Their customer service is bully based. The person I was travelling with posted an honest review on the situation, and they didn't like that there was a negative review from our stay, even though it was acknowledged that they had mislead us with the room description...

So, almost 2 months later after fighting for a refund, I was told, and I quote:

"I have also noticed that you have posted a negative review on trip advisor regarding your experience with Club Quarters ... we would kindly ask you to remove the negative review posted on trip advisor. Once the negative review has been removed, we will issue a cancelation credit to Hotels.com/Expedia and request for the credit to be issued to your account."

To which I partially responded: "To date, the misleading room descriptions are still listed on Hotels.com, so it seems to me you aren't taking the issue seriously."

Long story short, I finally got my credit notice from hotels.com after close to 2 months of requesting it.

I would be very cautious booking a room at this hotel as their customer service is at best, questionable, and feel they don't live up to their word.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank RAmona M
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Club Quarters in Boston. This was the first hotel I have visited with a computerized check in system, and I really appreciated the availability of it. The lobby and lounge area are small but well equipped and decorated nicely. The rooms are what I expect for a European size, but this wouldn't be bothersome if you are travelling solo or with a significant other (as I was). The AC unit in my room was a little loud and inconsistent for my taste. If you know much about downtown Boston, you'll know that some neighborhoods go to sleep after 6 pm, and the Club Quarters is located in one of those neighborhoods. All of that being said, I did enjoy my stay and would likely stay at Club Quarters again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed here for 2 nights in June 2013, we found the reception very friendly, the room spotlessly clean and very quiet, the complimentary coffee and fruit in the reception was a bonus but as always you will get people who are greedy but that is not a slight on the hotel as they have no control over this, we would say it is close to all local attractions and a very safe area, I think for the price you pay to stay they could supply breakfast, the pub that joins the hotel is very busy and the food well worth a visit, a good place to base your stay while in Boston.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank nedthered
Bath, Maine, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The first thing I thought of when checking in and entering my room: SWANK. This hotel has all the markings of a posh, upscale place, right down to the relatively snotty and not helpful staff, save a few. The only real problem faced was I received a room with one bed when I had reserved two. Because there wasn't another room available, I was told upon check-in that a roll-away would be sent right up. I was okay with at. After an hour, I had to leave and on my way out reminded the front desk that I would still need the second bed. Again I was told no problem. When I returned 8 hours later (11:45pm), the additional bed had STILL not been delivered. A call to the front desk was met with a rather rude tone and a response of "we'll get it right up there." After yet another wait of 45 minutes, a second call was made to the front desk about the bed. This time the staff member kept me on the line while they called maintenance (?) via walkie-talkie. Whoever was on the other end of said walkie-talkie was beyond rude to the staff member who, of course passed that on to me. The second bed arrived at 12:45am. Original check-in was 3:30pm the previous day. Sadly, there is no breakfast service in the lobby area during the week. Thankfully, there was one employee on staff in the morning who was most helpful which essentially rounded out my stay. With discounts, the room was cheap enough for what I received.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends