“Small, but great location and price.”

Club Quarters Hotel in Boston
Ranked #48 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Small, but great location and price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Club Quarters during the weekend following Thanksgiving. After searching Tripadvisor and Kayak, this definitely appeared to be the most reasonably priced hotel that was located in the city center and close to the airport. This proved to be precisely right. It's a great hotel located in the financial district, just a few blocks from most of the historic sites, and the price is pretty much unbeatable. The only complaint I might have is that the rooms are a bit small. That being said, for a few days stay or for folks like myself who aren't necessarily worried about a ton of space, it really isn't a big deal. There was plenty of room for our needs, but it definitely wasn't what I would call spacious. Nonetheless, it was well worth it for the great price we paid, and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maxphisher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Gainesville, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I really liked this hotel. Great location, close to historic and shopping. The green concept was everywhere, I loved that they went the extra mile to be green. On the last evening of my three night stay, I heard knocking on the door next to mine. I looked out to make sure it wasn't my door being knocked on, and saw what I assumed was someone delivering room service. I little while later, the knocking returned. This time the knocking was followed by someone opening my door. He quickly left, but that was very disturbing to have someone be able to just walk in my room. I called the front desk and they had me down for only 2 nights, but would extend my stay for 3 nights. No where an apology, and that he 'extended" my stay meant he did not believe that they could have made a mistake. I checked, my reservation was for three nights, no need to bust into my room. Wouldn't it have been better to call my room first?? Lastly, do not take a room on the back side of the hotel - noisy all night.

Room Tip: Get a room on the front of the hotel, facing Devonshire.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BILBAO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

The location is great, a few steps from historic sites and at the heart of modern district. Smallish but comfy room, Club Quarter is a good choice for bussiness travel. The magnificent Aquarium is also close. Don't miss the oportunista of a whale watching cruise and of course enjoy your lobstah!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Warren, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've been staying at the Club Quarters Boston hotel for business over the last four months. I choose to stay here for many reasons: the location, the price, the comfortable bed (love the pillows too!), modern bathroom (most showers have excellent water pressure) and clean accommodations, as well as the little extras that make my stay so much more comfortable such as the unlimited free spring water, the restaurant next door where I can get quick room service and delicious food, free wireless and printing capabilities, gym equipment delivered to the room, etc. However, most important to my decision to continue staying here is the excellent service that I receive from all staff members, and in particular, service managers Jennifer and Matt. Overall, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful but continually, Jennifer and Matt step up to go above and beyond for any request I may have, whether it's help with a reservation or suggestions on local restaurants or even arranging for transportation. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone coming to stay in Boston on vacation or on business. While the hotel isn't fancy, it's very comfortable, has easy access to local Boston attractions and shopping, and amazing customer service that you can't beat!

Room Tip: I tend to like the rooms in the front of the hotel as it does seem to be a little quieter and there...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I and our three daughters have just stayed 2 nights at this hotel in Boston. It was great as we were able to walk easily to Faneuil Hall, the waterfront, to the North end and Boston Common. It is not a luxurious hotel but the beds are very comfy, it is very clean and very quiet also. The restaurant next to the hotel is okay but you can find much better just a block or two away. My children enjoyed shopping in Boston very much!!! Everything is so close, even Newbury street! Great city but I will go back during the summer since it is on the ocean!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Nice stay here with a friend in downtown boston. The service desk was super nice and held our bag for us after check out. The pub next door is pretty cool, until all the Kareoke singers get drunk, but no worries, you can just stumble up to your room. Make sure you grab a purified water from the station in the hallway :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I booked this room for New Years Eve with a friend. The selling point was the location. It is within walking distance to the Commons and to State Street. The area is safe, and since it is off the main streets, it was actually a pleasant walk from the T stops.

We were not "wowed" the room, itself. It was clean and comfortable. The decor was standard, but not worn out. The chilled and filtered water bottles available in the hallway (for free) were a nice touch. It met my expectations.

Be warned that the walls are thin. On the night of New Years this was especially noticeable. We could overhear the conversations of a young group of revelers in the next room. The noise did not bother us as we were tired and able to fall asleep with little trouble. However, any other night it may have kept me from snoozing.

I would definitely visit again. The price and location cannot be beat. A real diamond in the ruff. However, I will pick up some earplugs at the local drugstore next time... just in case.

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple