My wife and I stayed at the Club Quarters for a couple of nights while attending our son's college graduation. While I booked months in advance, this was the only hotel in the downtown Boston area where I could get a room for under $300 that weekend... in fact, it was under $200.
This is a really nice place, but you must accept the fact that it is not a typical hotel. When they say "Club" Quarters, they aren't getting. Companies can join and get special rates, and if your company is a member, you can get even better rates on weekends. They also have branches in NYC, Washington, London, and elsewhere. If you are a business traveler staying by yourself, this would be a fabulous place to stay even if your company isn't a member But, the rooms are small... everything is reduced in size; the room, the bed, the bathroom, etc. The bed, for example, is a full size bed... not even a queen. If you're traveling by yourself this would not be an issue, but traveling as a couple, the whole room got a bit tight. But everything was clean and completely up to date.... even a flat screen television, though, like everything else, it was small.
I loved the way they set up the amenities. Need an extra pillow... or an ironing board... or whatever? No need to call housekeeping... there's a closet on each floor that has this stuff and you just help yourself. Want some fresh drinking water? There's a water dispenser in the hall with bottles available... so you can make your own bottled water for free. Downstairs, the lobby is also tiny, but there is a "club room." TV, reading materials, coffee all the time... it's a really nice place. The coffeemaker is one of those Keurig machines so it only makes 1-2 cups at a time... no problem with it sitting around getting burned all day. Other amenities are available too... they even have iPad's available for loan, for example. There are computers downstairs in case you need them and one is reserved solely for printing boarding passes during certain periods.
There is a bar/restaurant connected to the lobby on the first floor. It's a nice place, but stay away from it on Saturday nights unless you like loud Karaoke.... I mean really loud. No noise filtered up to our room, but if you are looking for someplace to have a quiet nightcap, this is not it.... at least not on Saturdays. By Sunday this had all cleared out and it was pretty pleasant, but still not as quiet as the lobby bar at a top hotel.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful... couldn't have been nicer... and that's a little strange for a downtown Boston hotel. The hotel is a bit of a hike to the nearest subway station....may be a 5 to 10 minute walk, but you can reasonably walk to the blue, green, red and orange lines. The nearest is the blue line so getting to/from the airport is a snap. BTW, if its a nice day and you are up for a little adventure in going to the airport, you can walk down to the waterfront and take a water taxi over for $10/person. Reservations suggested.
The hotel is in the financial district and there is not much open on weekends in the immediate vicinity... especially on Sunday. But it's a reasonable walk (again, about 10 minutes) to the waterfront (where there is a Panera"s) or to Faneuil Hall.
If the rooms hadn't been so small I would have given it 5 stars. You need to know that going in, but this is the reason the prices are so reasonable (at least by downtown Boston standards). It's a reasonable tradeoff, and a fabulous deal especially if you are traveling alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters Hotel in Boston is a full service hotel designed for business travelers. Located in the heart of downtown Boston near Faneuil Hall, the North End, Freedom Trail, Quincy Market, and Post Office Square, and a short walk from fine dining, shopping and entertainment. All Club Quarters Hotels provides: • Free high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the hotel • Instant registration and check-out • Club Living Room - an inviting lounge for working, meeting, socializing and relaxing • Free unlimited chilled bottled water • Greater security with keycard access to guest room floors • Restaurant and Bar • Fitness room with cardio equipment and weights • Meeting rooms and office space available • Guest Request Closets on every floor containing extra pillows, blankets and amenities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Club Quarters Hotel in Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Boston Hotel Boston
- Hotel Quarters Boston
- Club Quarters Hotel Boston