1,908 results
All reviews fenway park kenmore square red sox game great location house of blues the green monster an older hotel green line king suite living room front desk staff bit dated subway station bed was comfortable street noise coffee maker parking garage
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful! They offered directions, points of interest and helped us navigate the train options. Kenmore station is just a block away, which allowed to get various parts of the city without taking a car. There is a lot of traffic in Boston, you definitely want to use public transport when possible. Lots of places to eat and see in the Fenway area. It's an older hotel with character, what I liked most was the living area had a couch, chair/desk and was separate from the bedroom. It felt like you had two rooms!

Room tip: Rooms on the east side have a view of Fenway, but the rooms on the north side may be a bit quieter.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On one hand, this hotel has is in a fantastic location if you are going to games at Fenway or concerts at House of Blues. It's still easily walkable to other parts of Boston (if you like to walk, that is!) and is near public transit. There's plenty of food nearby. The rooms are clean, and the rates are reasonable considering the rates for hotels just a few minutes down the street near the convention center.

However, you kind of do (and don't) get what you pay for. It's a no frills property. It's old, so can be small, or in my case, a little too BIG (I had a suite and the massive empty living room was just a little weird, though I appreciated being given that space!). It could use some sprucing, some deeper cleaning around the edges, some updating. The shower pressure is low, and the shower curtain kind of sticks to ya, plus the tub is not one you'll want to soak in.

But for the most part, it's fine, which is what I look for when I just need a place to keep my stuff and sleep. It's not a hotel you'll want to spend extra time in, but it's great for get up and go, and especially because it's affordable when so many hotels in Boston are strains on budgets. I'll stay here again, especially if I know I will be busy! And seriously, after a 15-inning baseball game, being SO CLOSE to Fenway was basically worth the cost alone!

Reviewed September 11, 2019

Our party of four stayed at the Buckminster while attending our daughters graduation ceremony from MIT this summer. We ran into some last minute catastrophic complications with our daughters graduation dress the day before, and the hotel staff was kind enough to help us locate a dry cleaner nearby, and actually picked it us for us when we had a conflict with the Universities events! So very kind. The location is great; the rooms are large; the staff rocks!

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed September 11, 2019

We hit a little snag at check-in where we were informed that our reservation was cancelled by our booking agent. After I called to verify that our reservation was still confirmed, we were able to check-in and Vincent was kind enough to find us a room that was ready immediately at our 7:00am arrival. Of course it's a historic hotel so the rooms are dated, but that didn't bother us. The location was #1 reason we booked here, we came to town to watch a Red Sox game, and we were not disappointed. A short walk to Fenway Park, a view of the Green Monster from our room, it was better than we expected!
The only low point is the water pressure in the shower was too low. I felt like it took 45 minutes for me to not feel like I still had soap on my body. Other than that, we will stay here again whenever we return to watch the Red Sox play.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

Great location with a short walk to Fenway, subway and restaurants. Obviously an older hotel with a few quirks and narrow hallways and priced accordingly, Room was very large with several windows and views, Room actually had 2 tvs, 1 in BR and 1 in living room, The bed was a bit soft for my liking but some may prefer that.

A special thanks to Katie, the front desk manager who straightened out a reservation screw up from a third party.