“People on here are crazy!!!”

Boston Hotel Buckminster
Ranked #64 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed June 26, 2006

My friends and I stayed at the Hotel Buckminster for 2 nights for a Fenway trip for our hometown Philadelphia Phillies. Upon check-in we arrived 4 hours prior to the check-in time of 3pm. They gave us a room early so that we did not have to wait around. They were always nice, the maids were always on time and checked in with us to see what we needed.

We had a very veyr spacious 2 rooms that were supplied wuith atleast 3 beds in each. The rooms were very clean and the bathrooms were huge.

The continental breakfast was not anyhting to be desired but the location is great none the less. There is a Pizzeria Uno right downstairs, Mcdonalds across the street, and a bertuccis as well.

I recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone!!! Do not believe the other terrible reviews prior to this.. they are either picky, miserable, or outright looking for things to find wrong!!

Enjoy Boston!!

• Stayed: June 2006
8  Thank kushmoney
Rick R, General Manager at Boston Hotel Buckminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2016

We appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback. We share this information with our staff as we continually strive to improve our guest's experience.

Louisville, Colorado, USA
Reviewed June 23, 2006

This historic hotel was perfectly acceptable. It reminded me of various affordable European hotels I have stayed in. No, it's not brand new. But it has a lot of character. They don't make them like this anymore. Two foot thick exterior walls, high ceilings, and big, double paned windows. It was clean, and uninfested, unlike what others have written. Really, I have no idea what they saw or even if they were in the same hotel. The staff were all very helpful and courteous. It was close to everything we needed including restaurants, shopping, the subway, various universities, even Fenway Park. I have no complaints. We had wireless internet available in our room, the a/c was plenty cold, the water was plenty hot, there was a microwave and a fridge, and we even were able to upgrade to a larger set of rooms for a minimal charge, so there were two TVs. I would stay there again. Affordable with old world charm.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Buckminster and taking the time to provide feedback. We value your comments and share them with our staff in an effort to improve the guest experience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Boston.

Queens, NY
Reviewed May 14, 2006

This hotel is located at one of the busiest traffic intersections in all of Boston. The car horns, sirens and other street noises keep you awake all night long mainly because the rooms have no curtains. There are only broken wood shutters that do nothing to keep street noises out. The heat is inefficient and our rooms were freezing. The young woman at the front desk was rude, obnoxious and discourteous. The rate for this particular weekend was (with taxes) $225 per night. I have stayed in other chain hotels at a quarter of the price that were cleaner, had larger rooms and I certainly didnt have to put up with rude employees. In the interest of being fair, I will say that the newly renovated lobby is gorgeous, but the rooms are filthy and the furniture is ancient and broken. The bedrooms are so small that you have to wiggle next to the bed to get into them. The TV screen had so much scum on it, that I initally thought the reception was blurred. If you decide to stay at this hotel, make sure you bring plenty of windex and ajax, so you can scrub the bathroom before you use it. Also, dont forget the room spray to help with the awful odor. I have traveled extensively through the US and Europe and I can honestly tell you that I have never seen a hotel as dirty as this one was and have never seen a room in such disrepair.

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 11, 2006

$180 for a junior suite with paint chips on the wall, scratched furniture, stained carpet, no hot water in the shower, exposed electrical wiring.

Just awful.

As it's across from Fenway Park, it must be a party hotel for baseball fans.

• Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 8, 2006

Do Not Stay Here! It's filthy--there were actually mice in the room! To top it off, when we left because of the mice, we were charged for the room--AND the manager was rude and never apologized. I can't believe the Buckminster actually has the nerve to charge $229 per night for mice, filth, and rudeness.

Stayed: May 2006
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 2, 2006

I had read reviews here AFTER I made my reservations. All the bad reviews of the hotel made me want to change my plans.. Unfortunatly I could not find another comparable hotel in the area so I went in expecting the worst. Well luckily I was in for a surprise. Im not going to claim that its a 4 star hotel... But for the location and price it was well worth it. It is an old hotel (1897 if i remember right).. And it does need some paint and plaster in places.. But the service was good.. The room was clean... And the location (a block from FENWAY PARK) is a plus...

Its not a place i woulld go if it was planning on staying more than a couple days in Boston... But I will definatly stay there the next time I go to a Red Sox game

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank Douglas D

Morgantown, Wv
Reviewed April 14, 2006

I stayed at Hotel Buckminster and the hotel was very dirty. The headboard of the first room was broken and the lights didn't work. I got switched to another room that had ants in the bed. The third room had hairs in the bed. My room got switched 7 times because I kept complaining about the conditions of the room. My sheets were not changes, and I am not sure if the sheets I slept in were even clean. Plus, the area is very noisy. I was happy to leave, and I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business