“Epic!”

Boston Hotel Buckminster
Ranked #65 of 83 Hotels in Boston
“Epic!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early to check in, I wasn't expecting to be checked in and we just wanted to leave the bags but Ishmael informed us our room was ready which was great!
Upon entering the room me and my partner realised our room had been upgraded to a suite with a fantastic view of Boston/Fenway park!
All the staff were helpful and polite and the restaurant for breakfast which was amazing (we ate out in the evenings)!
The room was lovely and clean and they have laundry facilities on each floor which is great.
Fantastic location near the kenmore subway, Fenway park and beacon st, ATM and a 7/11 etc.
we will most definitely stay at the Buckminster again and I highly recommend to everyone this is the place to stay in Boston.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I will keep this short and sweet --

When you first walk into the Buckminster, they do a very good job of making it seem like this hotel fits into a modern Boston atmosphere, but rest assured that it's almost as old as Fenway Park which is basically next door.

When I walked into my room, it looked like I walked into my parents house in 1986 -- the room is the most dated room I have ever seen anywhere. Everything is wooden, the walls and floors are gross, there is dirt and grime everywhere (you get the point).

The television is legit from 1986, and the bed was so old that it would creek all night long with any movement whatsoever.

Don't worry, I saved the worst for last. I walked into the bathroom and opened the shower curtain, and it looked like someone was murdered in the bathtub. I have attached a picture here, but the picture doesn't do it justice. It seriously looked like the bathtub was covered in blood, and I almost threw up all over myself. I took a picture and went to the front desk, where they reassured me that it was "gross", and that they would send housekeeping up to clean it.

I feel gross staying her, and I will never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank djsoylatte

Travelers are raving about these Boston hotels

Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great location, great hotel. Rooms are a bit dated but huge. Definitely would recommend a tour round Fenway Park. City centre is about 20-30 mins walk. Staff were very friendly, and even the maintenance man helped us plan our 2 day visit around Boston

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Asheville, NC
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stay here every time I come to Boston. It is not fancy, but it is clean, quiet and the staff is great. They have a business center where you can use computers if you did not bring yours. There is a new restaurant downstairs that has a great breakfast. It is just a block from the subway and across the street from Fenway. I stayed there this time when there were some postseason games at Fenway and even though there was lots of roudiness on the streets I never heard a thing in my room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SophiesMom55
Penzance, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Boston is an expensive city, this place is old school expensive. I think there is better value to be had at newer properties. Location ok, but only excellent if you are a RedSox fan. They need to offer a kettle in room, plus proper mugs, tea etc. this would make a big difference. Rooms are huge, but space is wasted due to old fashioned nature of building. It is a bit tired!

Room Tip: Ask what layout it is. And ask for a kettle and crockery.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel recently on a business trip. The location is very good, just a few steps from Kenmore Square and easy walking distance to a number of things, including Boston University, Fenway Park, Coolidge Corner and not too far from Newbury St.

The hotel on the whole could use a refresh though. The interior decor is a bit shabby and dated. My room, when I entered, put me into a hallway with a flickering light with a door for the bathroom on the right and for the bedroom on the left. I was unable to shut out the hallway light (though I was able to close the door).

All that said, the staff was very friendly and helpful. And the free 60 minutes of wifi actually lasted for my entire stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank theresatoo
Epsom
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel is overpriced (using the fact they are close to Fenway Park to up the price). Staff generally friendly but if you book B&B, the truth is it is not included. I had a long argument with the Front Office Manager (Elena) who was totally unwilling to conceed that the Hotel was at fault. Rooms generally clean, but there are better hotels in Boston at a better price. Avoid.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple