“Great old hotel”

Boston Hotel Buckminster
Ranked #63 of 85 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had a convention at the Hynes Convention Center in June, 2013 and booked a 4 night stay at the Buckminster. I took the T from the airport and the subway let me off less than a block from the hotel. I walked to Hynes each day, and it was an easy 20 minute walk.
The staff were very nice and helpful. I originally booked a double bed, but I was upgraded to a queen bed. Apparently I was staying in an expensive area of Boston as far as hotels go, but the Buckminster was the cheapest I could find, and they gave me 10% off since I was on a business trip. It's very conveniently located to the T, Fenway Park is right around the corner, and there are many places to go all within walking distance.
My room was a perfect size with a comfortable bed. Free wi-fi for 1 hour a day, a microwave, refrigerator, tv, iron, hair dryer, desk, and the room was nice and quiet. The room was clean except the white tile grout in the bathroom had mold. I am a clean freak, and everything was well kept except for that mold. Disgusting, but could easily be taken care of with some bleach. Hint hint. There was a free continental breakfast in the morning with plenty of seating.
I loved the character of the old hotel, I liked the friendly staff, and the location was perfect for me. I would recommend this hotel, and I would stay here again if I went back to Boston.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jackieca
Write a ReviewReviews (1,595)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Having spent one night in a tiny room in New York we were very apprehensive about the possibility of being in the same for our longer stay in Boston. Had a wonderful 3 room setup with huge rooms and comfortable beds. Ideal for a longer stay with guest laundry each floor, very close to train station and the baseball, most adequate breakfast and really friendly and helpful staff. We loved the city and our "home" for the six nights just made the whole visit even more special. Good value for long term travellers.

Room Tip: We had a corner on the top floor with views up to the square. It was fairly quiet considering three...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2013

If you are a Red Sox fan, and you travel to Boston for games, you cannot do better than the Buckminster. Simple, clean rooms, friendly staff, and around the corner from Fenway Park! From many rooms, you can see the park from your window. Ever since finding the Buckminster of TripAdvisor, we never stay anywhere else in Boston. We have also recommended it to many out-of-town Sox fans, and now they all stay there, too. A hidden gem!

Room Tip: More expensive rooms face Fenway Park, less expensive rooms do not.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights at the Buckminster Hotel. The hotel is literally a block away from Fenway Park. It's history is it's charm...but the televisions and amenities need to be updated. Having said that the staff is very pleasant and did I mention it's A BLOCK AWAY FROM FENWAY. But if you're not gonna catch a game...not sure it's worth the price then.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was finding it IMPOSSIBLE to find a moderately priced hotel in Boston. And then I stumbled upon the hotel Bunkminster. It is literally across the street from Fenway. Although we were not going to a game, we did do a tour which was cool. The subway was very close by which got us to where we needed to go. The room did not have a view of the park... We had a view of the building across the street. :( But since we did not spend much time in the room, it was not a big deal. The room was quite small as well. They did have a very nice continental breakfast each morning with waffles, cereal, bagels, fruit, coffee, and juice. Overall, it was good for the price. I would most likely stay there again. In addition, they called our room 20 minutes after we checked in to make sure everything was ok. I thought that was nice!

Room Tip: If you care try to request a fenway view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

A friend and I stayed here during the last weekend of April. We are both first responders (police officers) from New Jersey and were in town for a benefit to support victims of the recent tragedy. At checkout I asked the front desk clerk (Vincent) if there were any discounts for government employees. He said there were but was unable to offer them to us because our account had already been paid. Once I returned home I e-mailed the hotel giving them my name and phone number to see if they could provide me with an explanation. They never responded back in any way. It seems to me the staff should be better trained when handling problems with the guests.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ronald K
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a short trip to Boston. I had bought him tickets to see the Baltimore Orioles play at Fenway Park against the Boston Red Sox. The hotel was nice. The front desk staff was friendly and always greeted us when we were coming and going. The elevator is dated and leaves something to be desired. The room was small, but accommodated us nicely. They even provided us with Toothpaste because we forgot to pack it!

The location was great! It was less than a block to the nearest T station(Kenmore). It was a short walk to Fenway Park and there were many dining options that were in walking distance.

I would definitely not hestitate to stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple