“Great place for Great Price”

Boston Hotel Buckminster
Ranked #63 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple nights in October. Traveled with friends who were staying at Hyatt which was over our budget. For a half the price we got a 2 bedroom suite walking distance to T. They were over a mile away. Hotel was clean, service was good and it included breakfast, which was acceptable. Overall great price for location. If you are going to Fenway, its perfect

There are newer reviews for Boston Hotel Buckminster

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I needed a relatively inexpensive place to stay for a night, and at about 40% of what other national chain Boston hotels were charging, I gave it a try. And, I probably would stay there again - by myself or if I could get tickets to a Red Sox game for my family. I don't think there could be a more convenient hotel for Fenway.
But, I actually did move a chair in front of the door because there was no secondary security (like the flippy bar thing) on the door, and, on a Sunday night when the Red Sox were not playing, the hotel seems a little sketchy. I am not saying it is. But, arriving late at night when no one is around seemed it.
I think the room was clean. There was an old area rug on the floor that (again) seemed like it may have been chosen because it could hide stains. And, the furniture - other than the beds (which were comfy with good pillows) - was not only old, but really worn - with lighter areas where the stain had born worn off over the years. There were wooden venetian blinds on the windows that could no longer be operated by just moving one center slat - all of the individual slats had to be moved to shut them. (And they felt like a tic-tac-toe at a beat up kids playground where you try to get it to stay on 'x," but it keeps moving. So I don't think I ever really got them closed.
And, I'd probably be accurate if I said the bathroom was a little weird/creepy. It was spotless as the paper strip on the toilet said was sanitized for me. But, it was uncomfortably large and empty - imagine sitting on a toilet in a warehouse.
But, like I said, for the price, I probably would stay there again - I'd probably just walk around in the dark in case I didn't get the blinds properly shut.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, then take what they give you when they stop laughing.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a hidden gem
Well positioned and quite charming, you will be conquerd by lovely and upper space rooms
Wll decored and charming
Downgrade Only for breakfast In chinese Room

Try restaurants close to
Don't Miss UNO

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We took a taxi to the hotel from the airport and arrived about 10:45. Our room was not ready, but the staff checked in our luggage which allowed us to walk to and tour Fenway Park. Our room was ready when we returned. We had a king suite, which worked well for my wife and I and our daughter. There was a kitchen in the suite, however, no kitchen utensils. We had only a 5 minute walk to our "city trolley" pick up and when we didn't use the trolley, we had a 3 minute walk to the subway. Great location, good price, great staff. Breakfast provided met our needs as well. There was no pool.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank pastorbobby
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in October and it more than did the job. We stayed here because of the very cheap price and we weren't disappointed.

The staff were very friendly and the rooms more than adequate. One small downside was the size of the bathroom - it was quite cramped.

The hotel is a minute walk away from the Kenmore subway stop which makes it easy to get anywhere in the city. Also close to several restaurants and a convenience store.

Overall, very pleased with the hotel.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great location for the Red Sox as well as for all transport into the city. Hotel is old but really nice, rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast is served in a seemingly disused Japanese Restaurant with access from the foyer, adequate fare to start the day if you can find somewhere to sit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

we had a three night stay and found the hotel ideal. The room was a little noisy as it over looked a courtyard with a noisy old air conditioning unit .Breakfast was average and a little cramped but overall it was a very good stay, with big beds a clean room and good front desk service .

Room Tip: ask for a room NOT overlooking the courtroom a Fenway view is of course a better view and less noisy
Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple