We chose the Colonnade Hotel as the location for our wedding reception and couldn't have been happier with our selection. Not only could our guests not stop talking about the excellent accommodations and service at the hotel, but the event itself was perfect. The examples of the Colonnade's exceptional attention to detail and all the "special" things the hotel did are so numerous, we've had to categorize and summarize them below:
1. Event Selection/Planning: The wedding packages offered are terrific. They include everything you could hope for and don't nickel and dime you. The Event Planning Staff is very knowledgeable and was willing to accommodate any special and/or unique requests we had. We spent 9 months planning the event with the coordinator and felt the entire time that every aspect/detail/concern was addressed and covered by the event coordinator and banquet manager. They were available at all hours, even giving us their home email address.
2. Hotel Location: Perfect location! It is right downtown in Copley, feet away from the Prudential Center with a T stop right in front of the Hotel. There are multiple restaurants (local and national chains, fine dining, quick eats, and even a sports restaurant), a 24 hour grocery store and a 7-11 all within 100 yards. The Trolley Tour pickup and Duck Tour are across the street.
3. Hotel grounds/rooms/amenities: The Colonnade sparkles with class and resonates with elegance. The rooms were recently remodeled and look modern and sharp; flat screen TVs, iPod docking stations, marble sinks, and modern fixtures. The rooftop pool is a MUST-SEE. It has awesome views of the city (including Fenway Park). The restaurant (Brassiere Jo) is top-notch, with excellent food and a terrific Belgian beer selection.
4. Hotel Staff: Everyone (Myself, my wife, our wedding guests staying at the hotel) were treated like royalty. No request was too small and everyone was made to feel accommodated and welcomed. The staff seemed to know all our wedding guests by name and treated them with 5 star professionalism. Multiple examples of "above and beyond" service, for example:
- Special amenities left in our parents rooms.
- Very early check-in for some of our guests who arrived early due to incoming flights.
- My friend forgot to pack his suit jacket and the Concierge gave my friend his own personal jacket to wear for the wedding (literally giving him the "shirt" off his back).
5. The Wedding: If you are having an event in Boston (Business, weddings, large party) you should seriously consider the Colonnade. The staff, food, roof-top pool cocktail hour, & reception hall all served to make our wedding a classy, elegant, and uniquely memorable event. Our guests said we could have stopped after the cocktail hour and it would have been better than any other wedding they attended. The food astonished everyone. Everything from the stationary displays to the passed hors d'oeuvres to the dinner itself met and could beat the standards of any 5-star restaurant. The chef personally came out to check on the food and the entire wait staff knew every detail of the dishes prepared. The hotel wedding coordinator and banquet manager were there every step of the way, ensuring not one detail was missed. The front desk manager and hotel staff could not have been more professional and accommodating. Everyone exceeded our highest expectations.
To summarize - we would recommend this hotel for any of your needs whether vacation, business, or major events. We plan to celebrate our anniversary here for many years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Colonnade Hotel has provided thoughtful hospitality to Boston visitors and residents for more than 40 years. A dynamic Back Bay landmark whose opening launched the neighborhood's renaissance in the early seventies, The Colonnade is home to the city's only outdoor Roof Top Pool and the award-winning Parisian-style restaurant, Brasserie JO. The property boasts 285 sophisticated guest rooms, including nine luxury suites. Ideally located, The Colonnade is in close proximity to Newbury Street, The Shops at Prudential Center, Hynes Convention Center, Northeastern and many of Boston's finest museums, galleries, and iconic sites including Symphony Hall and Fenway Park. The Colonnade Hotel is a member of the Preferred Hotel's LIFESTYLE collection. Preferred Hotels represents over 650 of the world's finest luxury hotels and resorts with an extensive global collection in more than 85 countries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Colonnade Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonnade Hotel Boston