“A fantastic experience at the Colonnade Hotel”
Review of Colonnade Hotel

Colonnade Hotel
Ranked #17 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We recently hosted a party at the Colonnade hotel where 100+ of our guests, including ourselves, stayed a few nights in the hotel. From the moment we entered the hotel to the time we left, the service from the front desk to the bar staff were excellent, very friendly, attentive and with am aim to please. The rooms are very comfortable and the food is excellent. The Colonnade is a smaller Boston hotel in a fantastic location, which offers amenities that rival the more expensive chains. We will look forward to returning to the Colonnade, particularly during the warmer weather when the rooftop is open!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,397)

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night over April vacation with my daughter to do a couple college visits. The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was nicely decorated, clean and very roomy. The beds were big and comfy. We could see Fenway all lit up from our room. They have their own parking garage which was nice, however it is an extra fee per night. The Prudential Plaza is right across the street which we shopped and ate there. We also walked over to Newbury Street and shopped along there as well. Would definitely stay here again!!

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Colonnade is a great hotel right in the centre of the Back Bay area. It had everything I needed - good location, good room, good service, and good amenities. I really couldn't have asked for anything more. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, there was a Keurig coffee maker in the room, the toiletries were lovely, the shower powerful, and there was even a hotel branded rubber ducky left for me on the tub. I used the small but well equipped gym, which suited me just fine. I booked the hotel along with my flight through British Airways, and I was afraid I'd get an inferior room, but I was given quite a large room on the 10th floor, and the rate was excellent. I would stay here again next time I was in Boston.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is a renovated older hotel, and, unfortunately they couldn't enlarge the facilities. Rooms were smaller than average and bathrooms cramped. The hardware in showers was difficult to manage. The staff was friendly but hands were tied by upper management. For $300 per night, I expected more.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank WalleyeFisherman
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Recently had to travel to Boston for business but I decided to stay a couple extra nights for pleasure. This was a first time visit for both my husband and myself. The location of The Colonnades was terrific! It's located in a great area so it's super easy access to everything. Access to the T rail is directly in front of the hotel. I highly suggest to take the T rail when traveling long distances within the city. We even rode the train to Salem for the day. The staff were extremely helpful at the hotel, and were always very courteous. The room was designed in a modern motif, and the bed was probably on of the most comfortable I've ever slept on in a hotel. I didn't eat in the hotel, so I'm not sure about the restaurant. If I ever come back to Boston, I would definitely stay at The Colonnades again!!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My wife and I just returned to the Colonnade Hotel for a one-night stay in Boston after a number of earlier visits to the hotel in recent years. Each time we love it more! The rooms are comfortable and well appointed, the location is terrific (close to great shopping at the Prudential Center & Copley Square, walking distance to Symphony Hall, close to great restaurants in Boston's South End, close to the business district but not right in it ... close to everything!). Meals at Brasserie Jo are delicions.

But best of all -- without question -- is the Colonnade staff. Everyone we've met there has been exceptionally nice, helpful, courteous and all-around wonderful! Their graciousness and intelligence and willingness to be helpful seem like wonderful "old world" courtesies that sadly have disappeared from most other American hotels. All Colonnade staffers are wonderful, but just to single out one or two: Maki-san at the front desk is truly exceptional as a bright, well-informed, friendly and enthusiastic receptionist/concierge (being greeted by Maki on checking is must warm the heart of any new guest checking in to the Colonnade), and Norman is simply the world's best doorman: kind and helpful in every possible way!

On one earlier stay, after a hospital stay, one of us was temporarily confined to a wheel-chair. The hotel provided a wonderful room with bathroom facilities specially equipped for a disabled person. The hotel staff members were totally helpful and responsive to our special needs. They could not have been kinder -- something we will always remember and appreciate.

The fact that many members of the Colonnade staff have worked there for 20 or 30 years says something very special about this gem of a hotel in Boston! We can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: The best "home" in Boston -- a wonderful place to stay! The views are great on both sides...