“Excellent Stay, Awesome Customer Service all around”
Review of Colonnade Hotel

Colonnade Hotel
Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent Stay, Awesome Customer Service all around”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed at the Colonnade from April 3rd to the 6th. This trip was designed around going to Opening day for the Red Sox. My father and I make a yearly trip for this occasion. On this trip we were celebrating his 55th birthday. I notified the hotel ahead of time that we were celebrating this special occasion, and honestly would have been happy with a simply happy birthday upon check in. However, what they did for his birthday was outstanding. We received an upgraded room on the top floor, with a great view. Upon coming back from shopping the first night, we came back to the room and there on the table was a bucket of 6 beers, a birthday card which was signed by all the staff at the hotel, as well as a personalized Red Sox player t shirt. The following night, another personally written note from one of the managers as well as a box of chocolate. Forgive me because i can not remember the people's names who did all of this. Either way, this all went far and above what I expected. I can not thank everyone there enough for this special treatment on my dads special occasion. They went that extra mile, which was very appreciated by myself as well as my father.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, it is walking distance to Fenway Park, and a short cab ride to Bruins games, as well as Quincy market. All around great stay. Thanks again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jordan A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (637)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Our first trip to Boston was made memorable by the warmth and hospitality of the staff. The hotel location was excellent, and the amenities were good. The staff simply could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable, and a very special thank you to Danny, the Concierge and also to Keith. Both went out of their way to make us feel at home, but we think they and indeed all the Colonnade staff extend this warmth to all their guests.

In fact, nothing was too much for the staff- we were asked if we would like a fridge when the staff member some soft drinks lying around, and within minutes, a mini fridge had appeared in our room. We did not enjoy drinking our coffee out of plastic cups and Danny personally brought around some china and silverware. In fact, once Danny found out that this was our first trip to Boston, he was quick to find out about our likes and dislike re food/sightseeing and was an excellent guide /advisor. So THANK YOU DANNNY!

We had a corner suite which was relatively quiet save for the times when people need ice in the middle of the night! But that is to be expected. The only down side was the ice dispenser adjacent to the room which had started to make a strange sound towards the end of our stay, but whenever we reported it, the fault, albeit recurring was seen to. We are sure that our first visit to Boston would not have been so enjoyable had it not been for Danny and his colleagues. We would go back to Boston, if only to see the friends we made there.

Jodi from UK

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Minneapolis
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The hotel is in a great location: it is in front of the Prudential Center Plaza, and at walking distance from Newbury street; there is also a metro stop in front of the hotel. My only complain is that the hotel is a bit too expensive for what it offers: certainly the location is great, but it cannot justify such a high price. The amenities are not different (or better) than the ones in standard hotels. The room was very modern yet very basic. Actually, I found the room quite cold, and difficult to warm up; there were also a couple is stains on the big pillows, which I found outrageous given the price I paid for the room; breakfast was not included in the price, which was kind of disappointing. Anyway, overall it was a good stay.

Room Tip: It is very nice to face the Prudential Center.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The Colonnade hotel was a great pick.
It was my first time staying there and I made the reservation because they were pet friendly. It is a great boutique hotel with a lovely restaurant and great service. I checked in with very little time to make it to my Dinner reservation. I asked for a small fridge to be brought up to my room and they said within the hour. I informed them that I needed to be out of the room in less than half an hour and they sent the fridge up within 15 minutes. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. We were there for 2 days. The reservation process was seamless and they accommodated a late checkout (1pm). It is in a GREAT location and has easy access to the Green line and buses. Its across from the Prudential Center and has great amenities!
BTW, my dogs loved it too! Wish the weather was more accommodating....

I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: King room facing the city was great!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BigApple720
Belfast, Maine
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Had a nice stay while in Boston staying at this hotel. We were attending the Anime Boston convention across the street. Stayed two nights. The rooms were very nice, beds were very comfortable. I'll start with the Cons and end on a good note with the Pros! Now for the bad: The coffee maker had mold growing around/in the water reservoir! The first bed's lights (both) did not work which made it very hard to read in bed! The bathroom fan did NOT work! The hotel's parking fees for two nights was $84! I personally find that extreme, even for Boston! Spent almost $675 on two nights hotel room with parking ... too much to spend for a March weekend in Boston! It was nice, but not that nice.

Now for the GOOD: Carlos the Bellman very extremely nice, polite and helpful! Again, the beds were wonderful with lots of pillows. There was free internet = fantastic! The room was a nice size, not too cramped for three of us. Location was great!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank TheMiahMan
usa
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I had stayed at the Colonnade years ago and was always impressed with their customer service.
This trip back to Boston was like coming home, only better. Everyone who I came in contact with was friendly and helpful. The doormen would remember me and ask me about my stay. The staff in the restaurant was wonderful, as was the food. Room service was prompt and the meals were the right temperature and delicious. My room was upgraded and was very clean and comfortable.
The next time I go to Boston, I will be staying at the Colonnade.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I've had 4 stays at the Colonnade now and it's growing on me each time. Each stay was associated with a conference or other meeting, so I haven't picked it, and each time am always more pleasantly surprised. The strengths are definitely the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at every level and the quality of the rooms. I've stayed mostly on the city view side and really enjoy working by the floor to ceiling windows-- there's a table there rather than a desk-- where I can look out the window on to the scenery below. The decor of the rooms are chocolate and modern, but still feeling homey. The rooms have recently been updated and there are plenty of outlets and little touches like a doorbell and an electronic "do not disturb". The only cons are: it would be nicer if it was attached to the nearby Copley Plaza especially in the winter to be able to go to shops and restaurants (and the conference without going back outside, the way the Westin, Marriott, and Sheraton are), but by going out the front door and ducking into the "T" (subway) entrance I could cross under the street in relative warmth and directly enter the Plaza. Also, I found the restaurant fare a bit heavy, even for breakfast, so went elsewhere to eat. All in all, a very good stay and I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Choose city side for the view, noise really wasn't a problem
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business